Is Cortisone Helpful for the Treatment of IgA Nephropathy2014-11-25 16:25
Is Cortisone helpful for the treatment of IgA Nephropathy ? Actually, the answer is yes, but it will bring some side effects at the same time. Next, let us learn more details about it.
What is Cortisone ?
Cortisone is a 21-carbon steroid hormone. It is one of the main hormones released by the adrenal glandin response to stress. In chemical structure, it is a corticosteroidclosely related to cortisol. It is used to treat a variety of ailments and can be administered intravenously, orally, intraarticularly(into a joint), or transcutaneously. Cortisone suppresses the immune system, thus reducing inflammation and attendant pain and swelling at the site of the injury.
Is Cortisone helpful for the treatment of IgA Nephropathy ?
As we mentioned above, it can suppress the immune system, so a cortisone injection can also be used to give short-term pain relief and reduce the swelling from inflammation of a joint, tendon, or bursa in. So it has good effects on treating kidney disease such as IgA nephropathy which is renal damages due to deposition of immune complexes in renal mesangial areas. Cortisone takes effects by treating inflammations in the kidneys so as to prevent further renal damages and much relieve symptoms such as swelling, proteinuria, hematuria, high blood pressure, etc.
From the above we know that Cortisone is helpful for the treatment of IgA Nephropathy, but long-terms use and over dosage is not good. If you want to know more information about treating IgA Nephropathy, you are welcome to contact our online doctor or leave messages to us, we will try our best to help you.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: IgA Nephropathy IgA Treatment Cortisone for the treatment of IgA Nephropathy
- Pre: How to Treat Kidney Damage in IgA Kidney Disease by Chinese Medicine
- Next: IgA Nephropathy with High Blood Pressure Can It be Cured
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- IgA Nephropathy Diagnosis
- IgA Nephropathy Causes
- IgA Nephropathy Symptoms
- IgA Nephropathy Treatment
- IgA Nephropathy Diet
- IgA Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis