Why Kidney Failure Patient is Easy to Get High Uric Acid2016-09-02 16:46
High uric acid often occurs in case of kidney disease and kidney failure. When the clearance rate of creatinine is below 5%-20%, patients will have hyperuricemia (high uric acid). If left untreated, high uric acid will worsen renal damage. The higher the uric acid level is, the more incidence to develop renal failure. So early and effective lowering high uric acid can delay, even prevent ESRD (end stage renal disease).
Why kidney failure patient is easy to get high uric acid level?
Kidneys have the functions to remove excess water, electrolytes, minerals as well as metabolic wastes and toxins from the blood. When renal tissues are damaged and renal functions are affected, some wastes and toxins can not be removed, so Kidney failure patients often have a series of abnormalities in their laboratory tests such as high uric acid, high serumcreatinine and high blood urea nitrogen (BUN).
How to lower high uric acid level?
Controlling high uric acid can effectively prevent hyperuricemic nephropathy and slow down decline rate of kidney functions. So the to lower the high uric acid level means a lot for kidney failure patient.
Diets: high uric acid patients should avoid animal offals, broth, peas, lentils, alcohol, tobacco, strong tea, coffee, spicy foods; have more foods that contain rich vitamin B1 and vitamin C.
Drugs. If diets alone can not help, patients can have some drugs under the doctor’s permission and guidance to inhibit the production of uric acid or promote its excretion such as allopurinol, etc. Drink more water while taking these drugs and have regular check of kidney functions because some drugs have potential renal damages.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Symptoms Kidney Failure High uric acid
- Pre: Basics About Protein Leakage in Kidney Failure
- Next: Kidney Failure with Anemia: How to Treat It
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis