Kidney Disease with Less than Half Kidney Function Is Renal Transplant the Best Choice2015-05-24 15:05
Hi doctor, one of my relative has got kidney disease. And his a kid and his just 7 years old but the doctor told us that his kidney function is lower than 50% and recommend him to take renal transplant. Can you give us some advice ?
This is Angus from Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital, China. I’ve noticed your leaving message and know that is about your relative’s kidney problem. As mentioned, his overall kidney function has declined by more than a half. He is so young, and frankly speaking kidney transplant is a good choice for him but not the best choice. This is because that, for one thing after kidney transplant he need to take anti-immune rejection medicine every day to prevent immune rejection which may make the transplanted kidney fail. Long term taking anti-immune rejection medicine lead to lots of side effect to his growth and may also affect his marriage life. For another thing, the average survival period of a transplanted kidney is 10 to 13 years, which means that ten years after kidney transplant, he has to take another kidney transplant. He is still so young, so he should deserve more quality life.
For his condition, if possible, we still suggest taking conservative treatment to block further kidney function decline, and on that basis to promote the function of his own kidneys. If you are interested, you can send email to us or consult our doctor on WhatsApp/Viber directly, we are here waiting to help you.
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our WhatsApp/Viber: +8618633865632
- Tag: Kidney Disease FAQS Kidney function Renal Transplant
- Pre: How Can Patients Get Rid of Their Kidney Cyst
- Next: How Can Kidney Disease Affect the Digestive System
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis