What are the Symptoms of Kidneys Shutting Down2014-01-20 03:33
Kidneys play an important role in our daily life, which will regulate the overall health of our body. The kidneys have functions of filtering wastes and toxins in blood, maintaining adequate fluid levels in body and some other functions. Once the kidneys are damaged, patients will suffer from some symptoms with kidneys shutting down. Then, what are the symptoms of kidneys shutting down?
1. Decrease in urine output
This is one of the most common symptoms for people with kidneys shutdown, because the kidney filtration rate is decreased, so the urine output will also be decreased. Besides, people will also suffer from a frequent urination at night.
2. Fluid retention
As the shutdown of kidneys, the kidneys cant function in a normal level, so the excess cant be discharged from urine timely. In this condition, people will suffer from fluid retention in their bodies, which is also called swelling or edema.
3. Drowsiness and fatigue
This symptoms can be caused by the wastes and toxins building up in blood when the kidneys shutdown, besides, the kidney damage will prevent the produce of res blood cells caused anemia, which will also cause drowsiness and fatigue.
4. Confusion, seizure or coma
For people with severe kidney damage, they may experience the symptoms of confusion, seizure or coma, which is caused by the building up of toxins in blood. And the toxins can affect the function of brans and other organs.
5. Chest pain
Chest pain is mainly cause by the retention od fluid in body, which cause the increasing pressure on heart and the sac that surrounds heart.
Above are the mainly symptoms of kidneys shutting down, so people should pay attention to their body changes in their daily life. If they experience one or more of the symptoms mentioned above, they need to go to the hospital to have a check, which will help them diagnose their symptoms early and have effective and prompt treatments to prevent the kidney failure.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Pre: Why does Kidney Failure Patient Have Bad Tastes in Mouth
- Next: What can Cause Mental Confusion for Kidney Failure Patients
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- Toxins-Removing Treatment Helps Kidney Failure Patient Reduce High Creatinine
- Do Natural Treatments Benefit to High Creatinine Level for One with Diabetic Nephropathy
- GFR 28 with Hypertensive: How to Improve Renal Function for Diabetic Nephropathy
- What Does GFR 48 Mean for One with Diabetic Nephropathy
- Chronic Kidney Failure with 456 Creatinine level: How Can I Avoid Dialysis
- Creatinine 435 with Protein Urine: How to Remove these for a Diabetic Nephropathy Patient