What are the Symptoms of Kidneys Shutting Down
Kidneys play an important role in our daily life, which will regulate the overall health of our body. The kidneys have functions of filtering wastes and toxins in blood, maintaining adequate fluid levels in body and some other functions. Once the kidneys are damaged, patients will suffer from some symptoms with kidneys shutting down. Then, what are the symptoms of kidneys shutting down?
1. Decrease in urine output
This is one of the most common symptoms for people with kidneys shutdown, because the kidney filtration rate is decreased, so the urine output will also be decreased. Besides, people will also suffer from a frequent urination at night.
2. Fluid retention
As the shutdown of kidneys, the kidneys cant function in a normal level, so the excess cant be discharged from urine timely. In this condition, people will suffer from fluid retention in their bodies, which is also called swelling or edema.
3. Drowsiness and fatigue
This symptoms can be caused by the wastes and toxins building up in blood when the kidneys shutdown, besides, the kidney damage will prevent the produce of res blood cells caused anemia, which will also cause drowsiness and fatigue.
4. Confusion, seizure or coma
For people with severe kidney damage, they may experience the symptoms of confusion, seizure or coma, which is caused by the building up of toxins in blood. And the toxins can affect the function of brans and other organs.
5. Chest pain
Chest pain is mainly cause by the retention od fluid in body, which cause the increasing pressure on heart and the sac that surrounds heart.
Above are the mainly symptoms of kidneys shutting down, so people should pay attention to their body changes in their daily life. If they experience one or more of the symptoms mentioned above, they need to go to the hospital to have a check, which will help them diagnose their symptoms early and have effective and prompt treatments to prevent the kidney failure.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Previous：Why does Kidney Failure Patient Have Bad Tastes in Mouth
- Next：What can Cause Mental Confusion for Kidney Failure Patients
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What is the Relationship between Diarrhea and Kidney Failure
- Does Dialysis Patient’s Urine has a Smell
- Does Frequency Urine will Cause Kidney Failure
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment of High Potassium Level in Kidney Failure
- Chronic Kidney Failure can induce Cardiovascular System Disease
- Why Long Terms of Diabetes is Easy to Induce Diabetic Nephropathy
- Why Kidney Disease Patient Need to Take Some Quality Protein
- How to Prevent Nephrotic Syndrome from Frequent Relapse
- Diabetic Nephropathy with Elevated Microalbumin How to Treat It
- Epistaxis in Chronic Kidney Failure What is The Treatment for It
- Creatinine 4.3 in Diabetes Can Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy Help to Reduce It
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis