How to Improve The Prognosis of PKD2013-10-07 15:58
Patients with PKD always worry about their disease, because they don’t know what to do, and they are afraid that their conditions may worsen. This is understandable, but patients should remember that right and prompt treatments are vital. Here I will introduce some aspects that can help improve the prognosis of PKD.
Have a good emotion and optimistic attitude
Patient’s emotion and attitude has a significant influence on their disease and health, so patient should have the confidence to overcome their disease. PKD is caused by many internal factors and external factors, and it has been proven that these factors can be controlled or changed. Thereby, don’t have despair. What’s more, good emotion can enhance body’s immunity, which is very helpful in fighting against this disease.
Treat the disease early and correctly
Every disease is easy to control in its early stage, thereby, patient should accept treatment as early as possible. What’s more, this disease has a strong heredity, so if people find their family or relatives have this disease, they should have examination regularly.
Right treatment is important in controlling the disease. This disease does not have obvious symptoms in its early stage, so patients may treat it in a wrong way, then aggravate the disease. The right way is that patients should see a doctor in a specialized hospital, and follow their doctor’s advices.
Patients with PKD should have regular and enough rest. What’s more, they need to do exercise regularly but avoid fatigue. This can help improve their immunity.
In their diet, they must regulate their eating habits. Patients should have appropriate amount of protein, because both too much or too little will be harmful to their health. At the same time, patients should have low amount of sodium, which can reduce the risk of hypertension and edema. Besides, eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid fried foods and foods that are irritative.
Prevent infection and hypertension
Patients with PKD are easy to have infection in their urinary tract, and this may cause hematuria and pyuria. As a result, it is very necessary to prevent the happening of infection.
Hypertension is a common symptom in PKD patients, but it is very dangerous to them. It has been proven that PKD patients will turn into kidney failure much rapidly if they have hypertension. Thereby, patients must do their best to prevent the occurrence of hypertension.
Of course, there are many other things that we can do to improve the prognosis, and these are just some basic and important aspects. Patients should communicate with their doctor if they want do something to improve their condition. What’s more, you can also contact us if you have any doubt on PKD, and we are willing to help you.
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- 5th Stage of Kidney Failure in PKD Can I Avoid Dialysis
- How Long can Patient Live with Stage Three Kidney Failure from PKD
- How Long do You Live with PKD and 12% Kidney Function No Dialysis
- PKD and Kidneys are Only Working at 10% How Long to Live
- PKD Patients on Hemodialysis How to Extend My Life Expectancy
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis