Will PKD Damage A Transplanted Kidney2013-11-19 15:04
With the continuous expansion of sac-fluid cysts, Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) can damage kidney inherent cells gradually. When almost all of kidney function is lost, kidney transplant may be needed. Since PKD is one inherited disease, will it damage a transplanted kidney?
Firstly, learn more about the onset of PKD.
Polycystic Kidney Disease is one kidney disorder associated with abnormal genes. In most cases, PKD appears in one family from generation to generation, because PKD is inherited. However, in some cases, PKD patients say there is no other people in their family having this disease. This may indicate the onset of their PKD is contributed to gene mutation.
In conclusion, abnormal genes determine sac-fluid cysts form in kidneys. Since no specific treatment can normalize gene deficiency, PKD can’t be cured completely at present.
Secondly, make clear when PKD patients need to do kidney transplant.
Kidney transplant is one treatment option for kidney failure patients. Generally speaking, PKD patients are recommended to place in kidney transplant list when their kidney function declines to 20% or less. At that moment, numerous kidney cysts or even up to several hundreds develop in both kidneys.
Thirdly, know what will happen after kidney transplant.
Many kidney failure patients are worried about that their kidney disease will appear in their transplanted kidney. In clinic, FSGS and IgA Nephropathy both has a high recurrence rate after kidney transplant, while fortunately, PKD is one condition that rarely occurs in transplanted kidney. However, it doesn’t mean all PKD patients can get recovery after transplant, as rejection reaction may cause kidney failure again.
Finally, remember kidney transplant isn’t your only choice.
If you are also suffering from kidney failure due to PKD, remember you still have other treatment options other than kidney transplant. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is one natural treatment that can both shrink all kidney cysts and repair damaged but not necrotic kidney cells effectively. If you want to live healthy with PKD, you can leave a message below, so kidney experts here can tell you whether you are the candidate to this therapy.
- Tag: Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- Pre: How to Improve The Prognosis of PKD
- Next: The main factors that may affect the prognosis of PKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- 5th Stage of Kidney Failure in PKD Can I Avoid Dialysis
- How Long can Patient Live with Stage Three Kidney Failure from PKD
- How Long do You Live with PKD and 12% Kidney Function No Dialysis
- PKD and Kidneys are Only Working at 10% How Long to Live
- PKD Patients on Hemodialysis How to Extend My Life Expectancy
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis