Foods Good for Patients with Henoch-Schönlein Purpura Nephritis2014-01-19 06:23
Henoch-schönlein purpura nephritis is a kind of kidney disease which is caused by henoch-schönlein purpura. And patients with henoch-schönlein purpura nephritis often have the symptoms of blood urine, swelling and high blood pressure, and a kidney-friendly diet can help control the symptoms. Here we will recommend some common foods which are good for patients with henoch-schönlein purpura nephritis.
Henoch-schönlein purpura nephritis patients are often recommended to supply enough vitamin C, which can help improve the immune system and decrease the permeability of blood vessels, which can help reduce the blood pressure and prevent the leakage of protein in urine. The common foods which are rich in vitamin C contain: grapefruits, orange, citrus, apple, lemon, strawberry, kiwi fruit, tomato and other green vegetables.
Henoch-schönlein purpura nephritis patients should keep a well controlled protein depending on their illness condition, as too much or too less protein intake both are bad for patients. If they eat too less protein, their immunity will be reduced and they will easily get infections, which will cause further damage to kidneys. Otherwise, if they eat too much protein, it will increase the kidney burden and cause kidney damage. If you want to get the detailed amount of protein intake for you condition, you can contact with our experts online, they will give you the suggested foods and amount you need to take.
Avoid stimulating foods
Here are also some foods which can aggravate patients’ illness, so they should avoid to eat these foods in their daily foods. The foods include fish, shrimp, crab, seafood, pepper, mutton, beef and chicken. Besides, patients should also limit their salt and fluid intake.
In a word, henoch-schönlein purpura nephritis patients should keep a kidney-friendly diet, which can help them prevent the further damage of their kidneys. Besides, they should also have prompt and effective treatment to remedy their kidney damage and slow down the progression of kidney failure.
- Tag: Purpura Nephritis Diet
- Pre: Which Kind of Protein Source Foods can be Chosen for Henoch-Schönlein Purpura Nephritis
- Next: None
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Purpura Nephritis Diagnosis
- Purpura Nephritis Basic
- Purpura Nephritis Symptoms
- Purpura Nephritis Treatment
- Purpura Nephritis Diet
- Purpura Nephritis Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis