Can Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease Eat Papaya2013-09-26 15:32
Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease are always faced with dilemma to eat many fruits as well as papaya. The various nutritions in fruits can meet patients’ body need, while high content of fluid, sugar, potassium, or some other substances make CKD patients have to stay away from some fruits.
Can patients with Chronic Kidney Disease eat papaya?
The answer depends on patients’ specific condition and the nutrient in papaya. First of all, papaya contains rich fluid, various amino acid, vitamin, etc, so correct consumption of papaya can bring kidney disease patients some benefits:
● Enhance immune system: With the progress of CKD, patients’ immunity becomes lower and lower. It is reported that the content of vitamin C in papaya is 46 times higher than in apple, so papaya can help boost patients’ immunity largely.
● Cleanse blood: When kidneys are damaged severely, they can’t purify blood normally by removing waste products and toxins from the body. Papaya is able to eliminate peroxide and other wastes from the blood so as to purify patients’ blood.
● Ease muscle cramps: Carpaine contained in papaya is honored as a natural medicine to ease muscle cramps as well as systremma.
● Prevent some disorders: Papaya also has effects of preventing high blood pressure, nephritis, constipation, and so on.
Does this mean all Chronic Kidney Disease patients can eat papaya?
Of course not. Because papaya is also rich in protease and phosphorus, it can prompt more protein breaks down in short time to increase the burden on kidneys and raise patients’ phosphorus level if kidneys can’t filter out extra phosphorus effectively. For this reason, some CKD patients may need to limit the intake of papaya. Besides, if patients have severe swelling or diarrhea, they should also stay away from papaya. Other attentions should be paid depended on patients’ specific condition.
- Tag: Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Pre: Can I Eat Natural Potato Chip if I Have CKD
- Next: Is Milk Good for Low Kidney Function
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Why Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Cholesterol
- Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink
- Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- Kidney Disease Patient with Gout should Avoid to Take Foods with High Purine
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Eat Black Beans
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- Toxins-Removing Treatment Helps Kidney Failure Patient Reduce High Creatinine
- Do Natural Treatments Benefit to High Creatinine Level for One with Diabetic Nephropathy
- GFR 28 with Hypertensive: How to Improve Renal Function for Diabetic Nephropathy
- What Does GFR 48 Mean for One with Diabetic Nephropathy
- Chronic Kidney Failure with 456 Creatinine level: How Can I Avoid Dialysis
- Creatinine 435 with Protein Urine: How to Remove these for a Diabetic Nephropathy Patient