Dietary Principals for Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease2013-12-28 17:03
For stage 4 chronic kidney disease patients, they should make a kidney-friendly diet plan, which will help them slow down progression of their kidney failure. Here are some common dietary principles for stage 4 chronic kidney disease patients.
- limit the salty foods
For stage 4 CKD patients, they often have the symptom of high blood pressure because of the swelling and loss of protein. Eating too much salty foods will cause swelling and elevate the high blood pressure. So stage 4 CKD patients should limit the salty and high sodium foods such as fast foods, frozen meals, canned soups and vegetables, lunch meats and cheese.
- keep proper protein intake
Proteinuria is also a common symptom for CKD patients, and too much protein intake will increase the kidney burden and make further kidney damage. So stage 4 CKD patients should limit their protein intake, they can take some high-quality foods which can satisfy the needs of people but have no metabolite to excreted by kidneys.
- potassium and phosphorus intake
As we know, normal kidneys can keep the balance of electrolyte, but for stage 4 CKD patients, their impaired kidneys will fail to work, which will cause high potassium and high phosphorus level. Both high potassium and high phosphorus levels are harmful for patients, they will cause serious symptoms and complications. So stage 4 CKD patients should limit the high potassium and high phosphorus levels.
- fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are good for stage 4 CKD patients, as they often contain rich vitamins, elements, fibers and some other nutrition, which will help the patients to increase their appetite, and immune system. But not all the fruits and vegetables are suitable for them, they need to ask the advices of their doctors to make a well-planed diet depending on their illness condition.
Above are some common dietary principles for stage 4 chronic kidney disease patients, they should follow these advices, which will help them slow down the progression of their kidney failure and remit some of their symptoms.
- Tag: CKD Diet
- Pre: Top 7 Healthy Foods for Kidney Disease Patients
- Next: Potassium Level and Chronic Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Why Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Cholesterol
- Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink
- Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- Kidney Disease Patient with Gout should Avoid to Take Foods with High Purine
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Eat Black Beans
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis