Can Egg Whites Lower Creatinine and BUN level2013-09-18 18:51
Can egg whites lower creatinine and BUN level? When it comes to the food or diet for kidney disease patients with high creatinine level and high BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) level, egg white is usually suggested. Why is this? Can egg whites lower creatinine and BUN level?
Before answering this question, firstly let’s learn why serum creatinine level and BUN level increase when one is affected by kidney.
Kidney is a bean-shaped organ with multiple functions and one of its major functions is to discharge waste products produced in our body. Creatinine is produced when meat is metabolized in our body; and for urea nitrogen, it is the end product of protein in our body. Both creatinine and urea nitrogen are normally removed through our kidneys, so when kidney function is affected for some reason, serum creatinine level and BUN level increase. Besides, each kidney contains about one million nephron, and when only a small group of nephron are injured, kidney functions normally. For this reason, serum creatinine level and BUN level usually not increase until a half of kidney function is affected. Also, this explains why patients with kidney disease in early stage experience no symptoms.
Can egg whites lower creatinine and BUN level?
Egg white is recommended for kidney disease patients, as egg white is high quality protein food. We know the waste product of protein is urea nitrogen and eating too much protein will increase kidney burden, which can thus cause further increase of serum creatinine level and BUN level. Therefore, limiting protein intake is very necessary for kidney disease patients. However, protein is the basic of our body and we can not live without protein, so ingesting a proper amount of protein is necessary. Egg white contains high quality protein which can provide our body the necessary amino acid and meanwhile produces less waste. Therefore, when it comes to protein and kidney disease, egg white is usually recommended.
Egg whites can not lower creatinine level and BUN level directly. For kidney disease patients, if they want to lower creatinine level and BUN level effectively, apart from reasonable diet, medical treatment is also needed to restore kidney function. Kidney is responsible for keeping creatinine level and BUN level in normal range, so only when kidney function is restored effectively, can them be lowered effectively.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Creatinine
- Pre: How Can I Reduce Creatinine Level
- Next: Natural Treatment for High Creatinine Level
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Measures are Helpful for Reducing the High Creatinine Level
- Is there Any Chance to Decrease Creatinine by Osmotherapy
- Is there Any Better Options other than Dialysis to Lower Creatinine 5.7
- Creatinine Increased from 3.1 to 5.5 in one week: Need I to Worry
- What Can High Creatinine in Kidney Disease Tell Us
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis