What Foods Not to Eat When Having High Creatinine2013-10-04 10:31
What foods not to eat when having high creatinine? To know well about the answer, we need to firstly understand what is creatinine and what high creatinine level mean.
What is creatinine?
Creatinine is a breakdown product of creatine, which is an important part of muscle. In normal condition, creatinine is filtered by glomerulus and then discharged with urine. Therefore, creatinine level in blood is always kept in a stable range 0.5-1.3mg/dL.
What does high creatinine level mean?
Since kidneys are responsible for discharging creatinine in blood, so when kidneys are injured for some reason, creatinine level in blood increases. Serum creatinine level reflects how well kidney functions, so patients are suggested to test their creatinine level in blood, so as to judge whether kidney function is affected.
Creatinine is one of the wastes produced in the body. When kidneys are damaged, not only creatinine, but also other wastes can not be excreted. Therefore, high creatinine level indicates there are lots of wastes in blood.
What foods not to eat when having high creatinine?
High creatinine level indicates kidney function has been affected. Under such a condition, patients need to be very careful about foods they eat in their daily life, so as to avoid increasing burden on kidney or causing further kidney damages. Basing on this point, patients generally need to:
1. Adjust protein intake
For patients living with high creatinine level caused by kidney disease, they need to adjust their proper intake. If they have not start dialysis, they generally need to limit protein intake and this need them to stay far away from high protein foods like bean and bean products. However, if they have started dialysis, much more protein will be needed everyday.
2. Avoid salted foods
Salt is rich in sodium. Eating too much high sodium foods like pickle, soy sauce, cheese, bacon and snack foods will increase blood pressure and trigger fluid retention.
3. High potassium foods
With high creatinine level, kidney disease patients generally need to avoid high potassium foods like banana, spinach, avocados, and white mushrooms and so on.
4. High phosphorus foods
Patients having high creatinine level resulted from kidney disease should not eat high phosphorus foods like cheese, toasted wheat germ, roasted soybean and bacon and so on.
For kidney disease patients, creatinine level in their blood increases as kidney function is repaired. Therefore, while arranging daily diet, they should avoid foods that may increase their kidney burden and worsen their illness condition.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Creatinine
- Pre: Is It Compulsory to Start Dialysis If Creatinine Level Has Reached 9.7
- Next: Treatment for High Creatinine Level Other Than Dialysis
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Measures are Helpful for Reducing the High Creatinine Level
- Is there Any Chance to Decrease Creatinine by Osmotherapy
- Is there Any Better Options other than Dialysis to Lower Creatinine 5.7
- Creatinine Increased from 3.1 to 5.5 in one week: Need I to Worry
- What Can High Creatinine in Kidney Disease Tell Us
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis