Why Dialysis will Worsen Hair Loss2016-10-14 17:00
Hair loss is a common problem among kidney failure patients and some of them find this problem becomes more seriously after they start dialysis.
Why dialysis will worsen hair loss?
Kidney failure is the major cause of hair loss in many cases; and for people who have started dialysis, frequent dialysis indeed will worsen the hair loss. The following are the causes:
1. Low protein in blood
Kidney takes charge of filtering blood and when kidneys fail to perform this function well, dialysis is required to purify blood. Dialysis cleans blood outside patients’ body. It removes creatinine and urea nitrogen out of the blood; however, during this process, some protein will be brought away as well. Hair is made of protein. When kidney failure patients become malnourished, hair will fall out.
2. Zinc deficiency
Zinc deficiency also should be blamed for hair loss in some cases of dialysis. In such a condition, zinc supplements and high zinc diet are helpful.
3. Thyroid problem
Thyroid problem is another cause of hair loss for dialysis patients. We run a high risk for thyroid problem when kidneys fail to function properly, so we run a high risk for hair loss with kidney failure. Thyroid problem is a possible complication of kidney failure, but not everyone will suffer from thyroid problem, so not everyone with dialysis has problem of hair loss.
4. Hair loss may also result from the change of type of dialyzer
If you are suffering from hair loss problem and want to know how to deal with it, you need to send your test report to us, we will help you analyze and figure out the possible causes and then offer some practical suggestions.
Our email: email@example.com
- Tag: Dialysis Hair Loss
- Pre: Causes and Treatment of Cramps after Dialysis
- Next: How to Treat Constipation in Dialysis
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis