Minimal Change Disease What are the Causes and How to Treat It2015-06-19 18:17
Minimal Change Disease is a kidney disorder that can lead to nephrotic syndrome, so we should take measures to prevent it from worsening. Then how to treat this disese and what are the underlying causes of this disease ?
What are the causes of Minimal Change Disease ?
Minimal change disease is the most common cause of nephrotic syndrome in children. It causes about 80% of cases in young children. It is also seen in adults, but makes up only 10 to 15% of nephrotic syndrome cases.
The cause is unknown, but the disease may occur after or be related to:
What are the Symptoms of Minimal Change Disease ?
There may be symptoms of nephrotic syndrome:
Foamy appearance of the urine
Swelling (especially around the eyes, feet, and ankles, and in the abdomen)
Weight gain (from fluid retention)
Minimal change disease does not reduce the amount of urine produced. It rarely progresses to kidney failure.
What are the treatment of Minimal Change Disease ?
Corticosteroids can cure minimal change disease in most children. Some patients may need to stay on steroids to keep the disease in remission. Because adults do not respond to steroids as well as children, but many still find steroids effective. Adults may have more frequent relapses and become dependent on steroids.
Patients who have three or more relapses may do better with Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, which can solve the kidney problem without make further damage to the kidneys. So it is also good for children.
If you want to know more details about Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy or need any help in treating Minimal Change Disease, do not hestitant to contact us, you can leave message below or send email to us, we will try our best to help you. Our email: email@example.com
- Tag: Kidney Disease FAQS Minimal Change Disease
- Pre: How Can Kidney Disease Affect the Digestive System
- Next: I am Undergoing Dialysis and My Creatinine Level is 12 How Can I Lower It
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis