Does CKD Stage IV Patients Sleep More2013-12-10 16:50
Patient: In CKD stage IV, does the patient have more sleep? If yes, then how does kidney disease cause this problem?
Doctor: CKD can cause many sleep problems and feeling sleepy is just one the symptoms. In general, people with CKD do not have drowsiness problem until their illness condition develops to advanced stage.
CKD stage IV is a relatively serious illness. Compared with patients who are living with CKD in early stage, patients with CKD stage IV are more likely to feel sleepy and this problem is associated with increased blood urea nitrogen level and serum creatinine level. Both urea nitrogen and creatinine are normally discharged out of the body through kidney. When kidney function is affected for some reasons, BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) level and creatinine level in blood increases, arginine which can produce urea nitrogen and creatinine will be decomposed into methylguanidine and arginine with guanidine. High levels of methylguanidine will cause drowsiness and make patients feel sleepy often.
Effective treatment is very important for the elevation of sleep problem, including drowsiness. In case of CKD, the increase of methylguanidine is due to the increase of creatinine level and urea nitrogen level, so if we want to reduce methylguanidine, we must reduce creatinine and urea nitrogen in the blood, and this needs us to improve kidney function effectively as kidney is the major organ that takes charge of excreting creatinine and urea nitrogen. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a treatment that can reverse CKD stage IV to CKD stage III. Therefore, if you are a patient of CKD and still not find a god treatment method, Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is highly recommended.
- Tag: CKD Treatment CKD Symptoms
- Pre: Is There Any Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy Available in US
- Next: Should I be on a Special Diet with GFR 32-44
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis