What can cause bleeding nose in kidney failure2014-02-12 07:35
Patient: I have kidney failure, and I often have bleeding nose. Can you tell me what can cause bleeding nose in my condition?
Doctor: Bleeding nose is also a common symptom for people with kidney failure, but many people don’t know why they have bleeding nose. Here are some common factors that can cause bleeding nose with kidney disease.
1. High toxins in blood can affect the clotting mechanism of body
For kidney disease patients, their kidneys have been damaged severely, so the kidneys will lose their functions, which will cause the toxins and wastes build up in blood. When the toxins accumulated in blood reaches into a certain level, the clotting mechanisms will be affected and cause bleeding nose.
Creatinine level is often regarded as a common sign for kidney disease patients to help measure the toxin levels in blood. And the higher creatinine level refers to higher toxins level in blood. So kidney failure patients should have regular blood test to measure their toxin level, and have prompt treatment to remove the toxins from blood.
2. High blood pressure
High blood pressure is also a common symptom for kidney failure patients, which is also caused by kidney damage, and the high blood pressure is not easy to control. When high blood pressure lead to the damage of nasal mucosa, it will cause bleeding nose easily.
From above, we can know the common cause of bleeding nose for kidney failure patients, besides, patients may also suffer from some other symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, itching skin and poor appetite. In order to relieve these symptoms, patients need to have effective treatments to repair their damaged kidney tissues, which will help patients to relieve their symptoms and improve their kidney function.
- Tag: FAQS
- Pre: Life Expectancy for Patients with 18% Kidney Function
- Next: What to Expect with Only 5% Kidney Function
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis