Is Cordyceps Sinensis Helpful for Kidney Disease Patients2014-02-15 01:39
Is cordyceps sinensis helpful for patients with kidney disease? Cordyceps sinensis is a kind of funguses and has been used in medicine with a history of over 2000 years in China. It grows mostly in areas of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau which is at very high altitudes. Cordyceps sinensis has many benefits for people. For example, it can adjust immune systems, prevent tumor, and resist fatigue. Besides, cordyceps sinensis contributes to treatment of kidney disease. Now let’s see the good effects of cordyceps sinensis on patients with kidney disease.
Scientific research has shown that cordyceps sinensis is really helpful for patients with kidney disease. The good effects are below:
1. Alleviate anemia caused by kidney disease. Patients with kidney disease have the symptom of anemia because erythropoietin which stimulates bone marrow to generate red blood cells is secreted less. However, cordyceps sinensis can stimulate bone marrow to generate produce red blood cells, which can alleviate anemia.
2. Lower high blood pressure and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Kidney disease may lead to elevation of blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases because of fat metabolic disorders. Cordyceps sinensis has the function of lowering levels of cholesterol and triglyceride. Meanwhile, it will help increase high-density lipoprotein, which reduce the risk of complications of kidney disease, such as cardiovascular diseases.
3. Lower levels of serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen. Patients with kidney disease have high levels of serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen, which does harm to kidney function. Cordyceps sinensis can decline wastes and toxins related with protein, helping lower levels of serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen.
4. Reduce the risk of complications caused by high potassium in the blood. Patients with kidney disease is high in potassium, which may cause heart damage and arrhythmia. Cordyceps sinensis is able to decline oxygen consumption in heart, improving cardiac hypoxia condition and relieving arrhythmia.
From the above, we can know that cordyceps sinensis is really beneficial for patients with kidney disease. Patients with kidney disease can eat some cordyceps sinensis to help treatment. However, patients must ask doctors for advice to eat it. What is more, remember to eat cordyceps sinensis under doctor’s supervision.
- Tag: Herbal Medicine
- Pre: Chinese Herbs for Kidney Disease Patients with Anemia
- Next: 3 Types of Herbs that Can Help Lower Creatinine Level
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis