Top 6 Tips for IgA Nephropathy Prognosis2013-08-22 16:34
The incidence of IgA Nephropathy is much higher than other types of glomerulonephritis in many parts of the world. If untreated effectively, IgA Nephropathy may develop to kidney failure. Age, gender, the extent of kidney involvement, high blood pressure, etc, all affect IgA Nephropathy prognosis. Read on to find more information.
1. A minority of patients with IgA Nephropathy can relieve spontaneously because their illness condition is slight and mild. Even though their renal biopsy still shows the kidney lesion, patients don’t have any symptom and the lesion doesn’t cause kidney damage for several decades.
2. The majority of patients have microscopic hematuria and proteinuria for many years. The infections of respiratory tract can aggravate patients’ condition. In this case, the prognosis of IgA Nephropathy is usually bad.
3. If IgA Nephropathy shows Nephrotic Syndrome, it indicates bad prognosis. Nephrotic Syndrome is characterized with proteinuria, swelling, hypoalbuminemia and hyperlipidaemia. It is reported that 10% of IgA Nephropathy patients also have Nephrotic Syndrome.
4. High blood pressure is also an important risk for IgA Nephropathy prognosis. It is reported that about 50% of IgA Nephropathy patients have high blood pressure. If these patients’ hypertension is refractory, their illness condition usually progresses quickly.
5. 10-40% of IgA Nephropathy patients’ illness progresses slowly, and it usually takes about 10-20 years that IgA Nephropathy develops into chronic renal failure. Now, this autoimmune disease has become another leading cause of end stage kidney failure.
6. Some symptoms can reveal the bad IgA Nephropathy prognosis. Old age, refractory hypertension, severe proteinuria, high creatinine level and severe glomerular sclerosis, etc, are all bad signs.
Since the prognosis of IgA Nephropathy changes from person to person, patients should take correct and prompt treatment to improve their overall health, in order to prevent kidney failure or reverse kidney damage.
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- With Stage 4 Kidney Failure and IgA Nephropathy How Long can I Live
- IgA Nephropathy & Stage 5 Kidney Failure without Dialysis Life Span
- 8% Kidney Function with IgA Nephropathy Extend My Life Expectancy
- Can eGFR of 28 in IgA Nephropathy Patient Live a Normal Life Span
- Is IgA Nephropathy Deadly
- IgA Nephropathy Diagnosis
- IgA Nephropathy Causes
- IgA Nephropathy Symptoms
- IgA Nephropathy Treatment
- IgA Nephropathy Diet
- IgA Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis