Is IgA Nephropathy Deadly2013-10-11 10:51
Is IgA Nephropathy deadly? This question is usually posed by people who are newly diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy or whose relative is diagnosed with this kind of kidney problem recently. Today, we will give a detailed answer about this question.
IgA Nephropathy is an autoimmune disease and marked by large amounts of IgA immune complexes in mesangial area. IgA immune complexes in mesangial area cause inflammation in kidney and this is the root cause of kidney damages. Therefore, immunosuppressive agents are needed to block inflammation in many cases of IgA Nephropathy.
IgA Nephropathy progressive as more and more kidney tissues are injured by inflammation. In early stage of IgA Nephropathy, inflammation is mild and kidney tissues are injured mildly. In that case, IgA Nephropathy is not deadly at all. Without effective management, more and more IgA immune complexes will be formed and deposit in kidney, which will worsen inflammation and kidney damages. IgA Nephropathy is not deadly, but if not controlled tightly, it will progress to kidney failure stage at that time. Kidney failure is life-threatening and it deprives patients’ life by causing various deadly complications like heart failure and stroke. Therefore, preventing IgA Nephropathy from progressing to kidney failure plays an important part in prolonging patients’ life span.
As of now, there is no such a treatment that can cure IgA Nephropathy, but there is indeed a treatment that can clear IgA immune complexes away from mesangial area and meanwhile prevent the further formation of IgA immune complexes. This treatment is called Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy which works through a group of Chinese herbs. With the help of this treatment, IgA immune complexes in kidney and blood can be removed successfully and also impaired kidney function can be improved to some extent. In this way, IgA Nephropathy patients are able to live a longer and better life.
- Tag: IgA Nephropathy Prognosis
- Pre: Top 6 Tips for IgA Nephropathy Prognosis
- Next: Can eGFR of 28 in IgA Nephropathy Patient Live a Normal Life Span
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- With Stage 4 Kidney Failure and IgA Nephropathy How Long can I Live
- IgA Nephropathy & Stage 5 Kidney Failure without Dialysis Life Span
- 8% Kidney Function with IgA Nephropathy Extend My Life Expectancy
- Can eGFR of 28 in IgA Nephropathy Patient Live a Normal Life Span
- Is IgA Nephropathy Deadly
- IgA Nephropathy Diagnosis
- IgA Nephropathy Causes
- IgA Nephropathy Symptoms
- IgA Nephropathy Treatment
- IgA Nephropathy Diet
- IgA Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis