What does It Means If You Have 25% Kidney Function Left2015-02-07 15:29
What does it means if you have 25% kidney function left ? As a kidney disease patient, doctors always you to take some test related to kidney function, after that you will be told how many function you still have. Then, do you know the percentage kidney function means what ? Next, i will tell you more about kidney function.
What is kidney function and how to measure it ?
Kidney function, in nephrology, is an indication of the state of the kidney and its role in renal physiology
Most doctors use the plasma concentrations of the waste substances of creatinine and urea (U), as well as electrolytes (E), to determine renal function. These measures are adequate to determine whether a patient is suffering from kidney disease.
However, blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and creatinine will not be raised above the normal range until 60% of total kidney function is lost. Hence, the more accurate Glomerular filtration rate or its approximation of the creatinine clearance is measured whenever renal disease is suspected or careful dosing of nephrotoxic drugs is required.
What does it means if you have 25% kidney function left ?
Form the above we know that the kidney function is one of the indicator of kidney disease. From 25% we can know that there are just left 25% kidneys can work normally and the kidneys have been damaged seriously.
In clinic, 25% kidney function is in stage 4 kidney disease, under most of the condition, for people who are in this stage and suffered from serious symptoms they are recommended to take dialysis right now, but the things is not always the same. If you do not want to take dialysis, Chinese Medicine can help you live better without dialysis.
If you have other questions or need any help in improving kidney function, you are welcome to leave message below, we will try our best to help you.
- Tag: 25% Kidney Function Kidney Failure Diagnosis What does It Means If You Have 25% Kidney Function Left
- Pre: Does Legs Numbness Means the Kidney is Failing
- Next: None
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What does It Means If You Have 25% Kidney Function Left
- Does Legs Numbness Means the Kidney is Failing
- My Creatinine Level Increase from 1.7 to 2.3 Is this the Start of Kidney Failure
- 5.2 Creatinine Level on Dialysis How to Reverse Kidney Failure
- Kidney Failure and Creatinine Level 13 What does It Mean
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis