Why Kidney Failure Patients Have the Symptom of Shortness of Breath2013-12-24 16:06
Why kidney failure patients have the symptom of shortness of breath? Shortness of breath is a common symptom for kidney failure patients which will affect their life quality serious. In order to remedy the shortness of breath, we should get the reasons that may cause shortness of breath for kidney failure patients.
Why kidney failure patients have the symptom of shortness of breath?
There are two common causes of shortness of breath for kidney failure patients, one is metabolic acidosis and the other is serious fluid retention.
As we know, kidneys have the function of filtering wastes and toxins in blood, which will regulate the normal function of the whole body. And the normal kidney function can also keep the balance of acid-base. However, for kidney failure patients, their kidney function is damaged and they cant work well, so large amounts of acidic material will build up in blood, which will cause metabolic acidosis. Then patients can easily get shortness of breath, besides, patients may also have the symptoms of nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite with metabolic acidosis.
Serious fluid retention
Swelling is a common symptom for kidney failure patients, and the serious fluid retention can cause pulmonary edema and hydrothorax, which will cause kidney failure patients get the symptom of shortness of breath.
How to treat the shortness of breath for kidney failure patients?
From the above, we can get the common causes of shortness of breath for kidney failure patients, so we should treat the shortness of breath from the two parts.
1. Kidney failure patients should limit the fluid and salt intake, which will reduce the symptom of swelling and reduce the kidney damage.
2. If patients have serious fluid retention, they should take some diuretics to remit their swelling, and it will also remit the shortness of breath.
3. Patients should also regulate the balance of acid-base through diet, they can have some proper diet which can adjust the balance of acid-base in body.
As we know, the basic cause of shortness of breath for kidney failure patients is their kidney damage, so patients should have some effective treatments on their kidney damage, which will help them improve their kidney function. Only the kidney function is improved, their shortness of breath can disappear fundamentally.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Pre: Kidney Failure and Skin Rash
- Next: Why Kidney Failure Patients Have Low Grade Fever