Why Kidney Failure Patients Always Feel Tired
Having treated many patients within more than two years, I usually come across this condition: many patients with kidney failure complain weakness, tiredness or fatigue. Why patients with kidney failure always feel tired?
Actually, there are many possible causes for tiredness, weakness, etc. but the most common causes for patients with kidney failure are mainly anemia, electrolytes disturbance, including low sodium, low potassium, etc. acidosis, and so on.
First, anemia: it is a very common complication among patients with kidney failure, because one of the kidney functions is to secrete erythropoietin, prostaglandin, etc. erythropoietin can promote hemoglobin synthesis, while hemoglobin is the raw material for red blood cells, and its major function is to transport oxygen and carbon dioxide. Once kidney is impaired to certain extent, generation of erythropoietin will be reduced, as a result, hemoglobin decreases. Accordingly, generation of red blood cells and its transportation function will be affected. Lack of oxygen in brain will lead to dizziness and tiredness. That is why anemia causes tiredness.
Second, electrolytes disturbance, for example, low sodium can cause change of nerve-muscle irritability, such as decreased muscular tension, weak tendon reflex, duly leading to tiredness; Or low potassium can cause decrease of nerve-muscle excitability and conductivity, then patient also feel tired.
Besides, patients with kidney failure also usually have acidosis, of which the manifestation also includes tiredness and vomit.
So, what is your problem? We suggest that you do some necessary tests and send us your medical reports to email id：firstname.lastname@example.org, then we can help you to analyze your reports and reply you with our specific suggestions.
- Previous：Pain In Leg and Numbness from Kidney Failure
- Next：Causes and Treatment for Convulsion in Dialysis
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Symptoms of High Blood Urea Nitrogen in Kidney Failure
- Why Kidney Failure Patient is Easy to Get Anemia and How to Treat It
- Numbness in Kidney Failure What are the Causes and How to Treat It
- Anemia in Kidney Failure How to Treat It
- What is the Relationship between Diarrhea and Kidney Failure
- Kidney Failure Diagnosis
- Kidney Failure Causes
- Kidney Failure Symptoms
- Kidney Failure Treatment
- Kidney Failure Diet
- Kidney Failure Prognosis
- Is Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease Curable
- Lupus Nephritis with 10% Kidney Function is there any Chance to Cure It
- Are there any Alternative Treatments for Dialysis
- What is the Best Treatment for Kidney Disease Patient with GFR 54
- Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- What Exactly is the Curative Effect of Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy