How does It Take for Rituximab to Work for FSGSThis article was provided by doctor zhengfalei 2014-08-16 06:47
Rituximab is a type of immunotherapy called monoclonal antibody. This drug is used to treat certain types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. It has also been found to be effective against autoimmune disease. Patients with autoimmune kidney damage may get relief from this drug.
How does it take for rituximab to work for FSGS?
Rituximab may be used to treat Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis, a kidney disorder involving inflammation inside the organ. This disease is one of the most common renal diseases caused by disorder of the immune system.
This medication is only effective in people who have kidney disease caused by their immune systems. Kidney problems caused by other sources are unlikely to be affected by this drug. Some persons get fewer benefits from this medicine.
Before receiving rituximab
Individuals should not receive this drug if they have even had a severe allergic reaction to it. To make sure this drug is safe for you, tell the doctor if you have:
* Liver disease or hepatitis B (or a carrier of hepatitis B);
* Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE);
* Lung disease or a breathing disorder;
* A weak immune system;
* A history of heart disease, angina (chest pain), or heart rhythm disorder;
* If you have used certain arthritis medicines in the past, such as adalimumab (Humira), certolizumab (Cimzia), golimumab (Simponi), infliximab (Remicade), etc.
If you still have anything unclear about managing your FSGS, please leave your doubt in the section below or Email us at email@example.com.
- Tag: Medicine FSGS and rituximab
- Pre: Is Lisinopril Used to Treat Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 3
- Next: What is the Helpful Therapy to Improve 16% Kidney Function