Best Diet for Nephrotic Syndrome2014-02-17 09:43
Nephrotic syndrome is a common kidney disease for people, which is characterized by proteinuria, edema , low blood protein ad high blood cholesterol. The treating of nephrotic syndrome is often combined with diet and medical treatment, and this can make effective improvements on patients. In this article, we will introduce the best diet for nephrotic syndrome patients.
Low protein diet
For nephrotic syndrome patients, they often have a large amount of protein urine, which means the loss of protein in urine, some patients may think they need to take more protein to supply the protein they lost. This is not right, because too much protein intake will increase the kidney burden and cause further damage to kidneys.
Low sodium and fluid intake
Nephrotic syndrome patients should also limit the sodium and fluid intake, which can help relieve the symptoms of high blood pressure and serious swelling. The sodium intake should be limited to 1000-4000 mg/d, and the amount of fluid intake should be based on the daily urine output amount adding 500-7--ml.
Low fat can help lower high blood cholesterol, so patients are often recommended to keep a light diet and get rid of the fat foods in their daily diet.
High vitamins intake can help nephrotic syndrome patients to improve their immune system, which can help prevent the infections, which can help slow down the progression of kidney failure.
Besides, patients should also limit their potassium and phosphorus levels if they have high blood potassium and high blood phosphorus levels, they should avoid the foods are rich in potassium and phosphorus.
Above are the best diet plan for nephrotic syndrome patients, which can help them reduce the kidney burden, protect the residual kidney function and slow down the progression of kidney failure. They should also have effective medical treatment, which can help repair the damaged kidney tissues and improve the kidney function. Through both diet treatment and medical treatment, the illness condition of nephrotic syndrome patients will be improved effectively.
- Tag: Nephrotic Syndrome Diet
- Pre: How Much Protein Is Needed by Nephrotic Syndrome Patients
- Next: Is Pineapple Proper for Nephrotic Syndrome
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Nephrotic Syndrome Diagnosis
- Nephrotic Syndrome Causes
- Nephrotic Syndrome Symptoms
- Nephrotic Syndrome Treatment
- Nephrotic Syndrome Diet
- Nephrotic Syndrome Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis