The main factors that may affect the prognosis of PKD2013-12-10 16:12
What are the main factors that may affect the prognosis of PKD? As we know, PKD is a genetic kidney disease. When someone in the family has PKD, their descendant may have high risk of getting PKD. In order to have a better life with PKD, patients should know well about the main factors that may affect the prognosis of PKD.
There are some main factors that may affect the prognosis of PKD.
1. The age when people get PKD
PKD is a genetic kidney disease, but the time or age when people get it is different from case to case. When people get PKD in an early age, they may have a bad prognosis to develop into kidney failure. However, when people get PKD in middle age or older, they may have a better prognosis to live a long life.
2. Living habits
For PKD patients, the daily lifestyle may affect their prognosis. People who have a healthy lifestyle will have a good prognosis. The healthy lifestyle may contain good rest, no smoking, far away with alcohol and proper exercises. For PKD patients who have bad lifestyle, they may have bad prognosis. The unhealthy lifestyle may contain overwork, smoking and drinking too much alcohol. All these living habits will affect the prognosis of PKD patients.
2. Daily diet
The daily diet may also affect the prognosis in PKD. If patients eat healthy diet, such as low-salt, low- protein, healthy foods, and keep balanced nutrition, they may have a better prognosis. However, when PKD patients take foods freewheelingly, and ignore the advices of their doctors, they may have bad prognosis.
The treatment that PKD patients are received will affect their prognosis. People who have an effective treatment timely, they will have good prognosis, in turn, patients who fail to have treatment, they may have bad prognosis.
From above, we can get the main factors that may affect the prognosis of PKD patients. Therefore, in order to get a good prognosis, they need to pay attention to these factors. They should have early prevention, keep healthy lifestyle, keep strict diet and have early and effective treatment, all these will prolong their life expectancy.
- Tag: PKD Prognosis
- Pre: Will PKD Damage A Transplanted Kidney
- Next: Life Expectancy After Renal Transplant for a PKD Patient Aged 20
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- 5th Stage of Kidney Failure in PKD Can I Avoid Dialysis
- How Long can Patient Live with Stage Three Kidney Failure from PKD
- How Long do You Live with PKD and 12% Kidney Function No Dialysis
- PKD and Kidneys are Only Working at 10% How Long to Live
- PKD Patients on Hemodialysis How to Extend My Life Expectancy
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Causes
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis