Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus2015-03-28 11:07
Why people with Chronic Kidney Disease should control the intake of phosphorus ? All the reasons are related to the disorder kidney function. Next let us have some details about this question.
What is phosphorus?
Phosphorus is a mineral found in your bones. Along with calcium, phosphorus is needed for building healthy strong bones, as well as keeping other parts of your body healthy.
Why phosphorus is important to your health ?
Normal working kidneys can remove extra phosphorus in your blood. When you have Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) your kidneys cannot remove phosphorus very well. High phosphorus levels can cause damage to your body. Extra phosphorus causes body changes that pull calcium out of your bones, making them weak. High phosphorus and calcium levels also lead to dangerous calcium deposits in blood vessels, lungs, eyes, and heart. So phosphorus and calcium control are very important for your overall health.
How to manage Phosphorus intake as a kidney disease patient ?
Your phosphorus needs may vary, depending on your kidney function. For adults with kidney disease, generally 800 to 1,000 milligrams (mg) of phosphorus a day is the limit. Many healthy adults eat almost double this amount.
Nearly every food contains some phosphorus. As a general rule, foods high in protein are also high in phosphorus. If you have an earlier stage of kidney disease, you'll likely be advised to limit your intake of phosphorus and protein. A reduced-protein diet helps limit the amount of waste that builds up in your blood.
If you have late stage kidney disease and you're on dialysis, that will be different. Dialysis removes protein (in the form of waste) from your blood, so your protein needs increase, but you'll still need to choose lower phosphorus foods.
If you need any help in managing the intake of phosphorus or other nutrition, or curing chronic kidney disease do not hesitant to contact our online doctor or send email to us, we will try out best to help you. Our email: email@example.com
- Tag: CKD Diet
- Pre: Kidney Disease Patient with Gout should Avoid to Take Foods with High Purine
- Next: Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Why Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Cholesterol
- Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink
- Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- Kidney Disease Patient with Gout should Avoid to Take Foods with High Purine
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Eat Black Beans
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis