Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink2015-04-30 16:35
Dialysis patient with GFR 11 what amount of liquid should i drink ? Actually, most of the people who are taking dialysis want to know the answers, they are bothered by this question. Experts pointed out that, for people with normal urine they can drink as much as water a normal person. But for people with abnormal urination they should take water according to the volume of their urination.
Why people who are taking dialysis should control the intake of water ?
During Renal Failure, the amount of urine produced drops. The urine output usually completely stops once patients have been on dialysis for more than 6 months. Taking too much water causes swelling over the body, increases blood pressure and would make the heart work harder resulting in heart failure. Too much water intake can make lungs difficult for the patient to breathe.
What amount of liquid should dialysis patient with GFR 11 drink for each day ?
Water restriction may vary from each individual patient on dialysis. The recommended daily amount of water intake is based on the amount of urine produced in a 24-hour period, amount of fluid retention as obvious from the swelling, amount of weight gained between dialysis treatments, whether the patient has an underlying heart failure, the level of daily salt intake
For example, if your kidney function is very limited, your physician will recommend 1,200 mL per day, which is the equivalent to 40 oz. or 5 cups. If your kidneys are functioning better, you may be permitted to drink 2,000 mL, which equals 67 oz. or 8 1/3 cups.
If you have other question about dialysis, do not hesitant to leave message to us, we are here waiting to help you.
- Tag: Dialysis GFR 11 CKD Diet
- Pre: Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- Next: Why Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Cholesterol
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Why Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Cholesterol
- Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink
- Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- Kidney Disease Patient with Gout should Avoid to Take Foods with High Purine
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Eat Black Beans
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis