Diet Tips For CKD Stage 3
Chronic kidney disease is a gradually decreased process of kidney function. We all know that kidneys are so important for our health, so we’d better pay more attention to them. In this passage, I will tell you something about the diet for CKD stage 3. If you are suffering from CKD, I hope this passage will be benefited for your health.
Do you know what CKD stage 3 is? In CKD stage 3, the GFR is 30-59mmol/min/1.73m2 and the kidney function is moderately reduced. In stage 3, a limited diet will help you to get better.
1. Low sodium diet
In CKD stage 3, because of the reduced kidney function, some metabolic substances will accumulate in your blood. Then your blood pressure will be higher than before.Do you know how to lower your high blood pressure? You can limit your daily eating.
Low sodium diet can reduce the amount of sodium in your blood, then it can ease the burden of your reduced kidney function and control your high blood pressure. You need to reduce the salt intake in your daily life.
2.High quality protein
In CKD stage 3, you may have proteinuria because of damaged kidney filters, also called glomeruli, so you need to limit your protein intake in your daily life. But protein is the necessary nutrients of your body, if you are lack of protein, your immunity is reduced. It’s more easy for you to get a disease. You can eat some high quality protein foods, such as egg whites, fish, meat, poultry, milk, yogurt, cheese and soy. But the amount of protein intake is limited. For CKD stage 3 patients, the amount of protein intake is 0.8g/kg body weight everyday. People should control this amount strictly.
3. Low potassium and low phosphorus diet
The normal kidney function can adjust the electrolyte balance of your body. In CKD stage 3, your kidney function is moderately reduced, the amount of potassium and phosphorus will be higher than before. So you need to have a low potassium and low phosphorus diet.
The high potassium foods are bananas, avocados, legumes, honeydew, nuts, potatoes, seeds, yogurt and tomato products. And the high phosphorus foods are cheese, chocolates, ice cream, milk, seeds, yogurt, nuts and legumes. Patients in CKD stage 3 should limit these foods strictly.
Above all are the CKD stage 3 diet for patients. If you are in CKD stage 3, I hope you can follow the right diet and protect your kidney function. If you still have some questions, you can ask our professional doctors online.
- Tag: Stage 3 CKD Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Previous：What Kind of Food Patients with Stage 3 CKD Can Take
- Next：A Diet Plan for CKD Stage 3
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Is there Any Solution for Dialysis and Kidney Transplant
- How TCM Combined with Other Medicine Can Help Prevent or Treat Kidney Failure
- What does Creatinine Level 2.4 Means and How Serious It Is
- Kidney Disease Patient with Low GFR Level should I Drink More Water
- I am in Stage 3 CKD with Swelling in My Foot will It be Cured
- Renal Failure with too much Protein in Urine What should I Do to Keep Living
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis