7 Foods that May Damage Your Kidneys2014-01-29 07:12
Do you know what foods can cause damage to your kidneys? As kidney disease is a common disease among people, and it cant be cured once people get kidney disease. And there are many foods that can also cause damage to kidneys, in this article, we will recommend 7 foods that can damage your kidneys.
Diets which are high in animal protein may cause kidney damage, because the wastes products of protein are mainly excreted by kidneys. Once people take more animal protein, it will produce more wastes, and it will increase the kidney burden. With long terms of overburden, the kidneys will be damaged.
Salt is another food that can cause kidney damage. As salt are rich in sodium, if people take too much salt in their daily life, it will maintain more fluids in blood, which may cause high blood pressure and swelling. And high blood pressure is also a leading cause of kidney disease, so all the people should limit their salt intake.
3. Genetically modified foods
As genetically modified foods are popular in our modern life, there are more and more people are choose to eat genetically modified foods such as corn, soy, rice, sugar cane, sugar beets, and canola. However, these foods can cause damage to livers and kidneys, so people are not recommended to take more genetically modified foods.
4. Artificial sweeteners
Many people believe that they consume some artificial sweeteners will be healthy for their body. In fact, a research shows that there is an increase in kidney function decline when they take two diet sodas per day.
5. Carbonated beverages
Carbonated beverages and energy drinks can cause kidney stones, on the other hands, they can also cause kidney damage for people.
6. Dairy products
The dairy products can cause kidney damage is similar to animal protein, besides the dairy products contain lots of calcium, and the high calcium level in body can easily cause kidney stones.
Caffeine is a kind of stimulant, which can stimulate blood flow, increase blood pressure and stress on kidneys. Meanwhile, caffeine can also be linked with kidney stones formation, as it can increase calcium excretion in urine.
From above , we can get the 7 common foods that can cause damage to kidneys, so all the kidney disease patients should pay attention to their daily diet, and prevent further damage to kidneys. Besides, the healthy people should also avoid these foods to protect their kidneys, and all the people should follow a scientific diet.
- Tag: CKD Diet
- Pre: Best Diet for Low Hemoglobin Level in CKD
- Next: How Much Potassium Is Needed with Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Why Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Cholesterol
- Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink
- Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- Kidney Disease Patient with Gout should Avoid to Take Foods with High Purine
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Eat Black Beans
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis