Proper Diet for Kidney Disease Patients with High Blood Pressure and Diabetes2014-02-06 08:01
“ My creatinine level is 1.5 mg/dl and I also have high blood pressure and diabetes, I also have protein in urine, can you give me some proper diet suggestions for my illness condition?” This is a question we received from one of our messages. A proper diet for kidney disease patients can help them to relieve their symptoms, reduce the kidney burden and protect the residual kidney function.
From the description of this kidney disease patient, he has high blood pressure and diabetes, and his creatinine level is 1.5 mg/dl and he also has protein in urine. In his condition, we can help him to make a well- planed diet, which will be helpful for him.
- Limit the protein intake
Proteinuria (protein urine) is a common symptom for kidney disease patients, and the uncontrolled protein urine will cause further damage to kidney disease patients. Therefore, patients need to limit the daily protein intake and take proper amount depending on their illness condition. This can help relieve the symptom of protein in urine. The are often recommended to take some high quality protein such as lean meat, fresh fish, milk and egg whites.
- Limit the salt and fluid intake
Because of reduced kidney function, the excess fluid cant be excreted out from body, which will cause high blood pressure and swelling, so patients need to limit their fluid intake. Besides, too much salt intake will cause serious swelling and high blood pressure, so patients should also limit the salt and sodium intake.
- Limit the sugar intake
For this patient, because of his diabetes, he need to limit his daily sugar intake in order to control his high blood sugar. Because the high blood sugar will increase the progression of kidney failure.
Besides, this patient should also take proper amount of potassium and phosphorus levels, which can help him prevent some serious complications. He need also to take more fruits and vegetables to supply enough vitamins and other nutrition, this can help improve the immune system and prevent infections.
All these diet suggestions will be helpful for kidney disease patients with high blood pressure, high creatinine leve, diabetes and proteinuria. However, as the specific illness condition will be different from case to case, so every kidney disease patients should make their own specific diet plan.
- Tag: CKD Diet
- Pre: Can I Have Avocado If I Am on A Kidney Diet
- Next: Is Aloe Vera Juice Beneficial for Kidney Patients
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Why Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Cholesterol
- Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink
- Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- Kidney Disease Patient with Gout should Avoid to Take Foods with High Purine
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Eat Black Beans
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis