How to Slow Progression of Stage 4 CKD with Diet2014-02-16 08:24
Chronic kidney disease is a kind of kidney disease among people, which can be divided into 5 stages depending on the glomerular filtration rate (GFR). Stage 4 CKD means the kidneys have been damaged severely, and people will suffer from some serious symptoms. In this condition, people can keep s kidney-friendly diet to slow the progression of stage 4 CKD.
- Keep a low protein diet
Patients with stage 4 CKD need to keep a low protein diet, which can help reduce the loss of protein and reduce the kidney burden. In stage 4 CKD, the recommended amount of protein for the patients is 0.4 g/body weight/d, and patients should follow this amount firmly. Besides, they need to take some high quality protein as well, and the common high quality protein include meat, fish, egg whites and milk.
- Limit the salt and fluid intake
For stage 4 CKD patients, they may have the symptoms of high blood pressure and swelling, so they need to limit their fluid and salt intake in their daily diet. They also need to avoid the foods which are high in sodium.
- Take proper potassium and phosphorus intake
Because of the kidney damage, CKD patients may have electrolyte imbalance, so they need to take proper potassium and phosphorus levels, which can help them regulate electrolyte balance. In general, stage 4 CKD patients may have high potassium and high potassium levels, so they need to avoid the foods which are high in potassium and phosphorus.
- Take more vitamin C
Patients need to supply more vitamin C intake, which can help improve the immune system and help prevent the infections. This can help prevent the further damage to kidneys.
Above are some diet suggestions for stage 4 CKD patients, which can help them slow the progression of their kidney failure. Besides, they should also have some effective treatments which can help repair their damaged kidney tissues and improve their kidney function. Then the progression of stage 4 CKD can be slowed effectively.
- Tag: CKD Stage 4 Diet
- Pre: Is Custard Apple Good for Kidney Disease Patients
- Next: Is Yogurt Good for Stage 3 CKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Why Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Cholesterol
- Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink
- Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- Kidney Disease Patient with Gout should Avoid to Take Foods with High Purine
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Eat Black Beans
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis