Is Fish Good for Chronic Kidney Disease Patients2013-09-15 14:47
Is fish good for Chronic Kidney Disease patients? As a doctor, we are usually asked about diet for patients with kidney disease, no matter chronic or acute kidney disease, because as known to all, diet control is also one important part of treatment for kidney disease. And patient’s condition differs with each other, so their diet is different accordingly. Fish is a good nutrition, so can Chronic Kidney Disease patients eat some fish?Fish is rich in protein and it is said Chronic Kidney Disease patients need to limit protein intake. Therefore, does it mean it is not good for Chronic Kidney Disease patients to eat fish?
Fish is high quality protein food wich can offer our body the basic nutrition and meanwhile produces less wastes. Therefore, generally speaking, they can eat less per day, but how much exactly? It depends on their specific condition. Too much protein is not good for patients with CKD, because blood urea nitrogen (BUN) in patients with kidney disease is usually high, and the end metabolic product of protein is BUN.
However, it still depends. Why? It is like a puzzle, right? Let me explain to you in detail, for example, some patients with nephritic syndrome, their serum albumin level is low, so they will be advised by their doctors to eat more food rich in protein like fish, chicken, etc. so as to supplement albumin in order to increase plasma colloid osmotic pressure, duly reducing swelling. Well, some others are not recommended in order to protect their kidney function from further decline.
One more thing, the fish here mainly refers to river fish, because generally speaking, it is very common for patients with chronic kidney disease to have high uric acid, and sea fish can increase uric acid further.
Well, in one word, if fish is good for chronic kidney disease patients, it depends on patient’s specific condition, so, to be more responsible for you, please contact us by email or hotline: email@example.com, telling us more details about your condition, then we can give you more detailed suggestions regarding your treatment and diet.
- Tag: CKD Diet
- Pre: Protein Intake For Patient With Chronic Kidney Disease
- Next: What Is the Diet for CKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Why Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Cholesterol
- Dialysis Patient with GFR 11 What Amount of Liquid should I Drink
- Why Chronic Kidney Disease Patient should Control the Intake of Phosphorus
- Kidney Disease Patient with Gout should Avoid to Take Foods with High Purine
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Eat Black Beans
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis