Can People Live a Normal Life with Only One Kidney2014-12-12 14:57
My dad just had his right kidney removed because of cancer. Can he live a normal life with only one kidney ? Actually, he can live like a normal person as long as the left kidney keep healthy.
it is known that the kidneys are a pair of organs located in the back of the abdomen. Each kidney is about 4 or 5 inches long -- about the size of a fist.
The kidneys' function are to filter the blood. All the blood in our bodies passes through the kidneys several times a day. The kidneys remove wastes, control the body's fluid balance, and regulate the balance of electrolytes. As the kidneys filter blood, they create urine, which collects in the kidneys' pelvis -- funnel-shaped structures that drain down tubes called ureters to the bladder.
Each kidney contains around a million units called nephrons, each of which is a microscopic filter for blood.
That is to say the kidney has strong compensatory function, and it is possible to lose as much as 90% of kidney function without experiencing any symptoms or problems. So people with one kidney can live like a normal person, as long as the left one keep healthy.
Although kidney has strong compensatory function, but it is better to have two health kidneys, so once you find your kidney is in trouble, you should take actions right now, you may get a chance to rescue your damaged kidney by timely treatment.
So for people who are suffering kidney disease and do not want remove the kidney, please contact our online doctor or leave message to us, we will try our best to help you. All the information we supplied are free, so do not hesitant to contact us, we are here waiting to help you.
- Tag: CKD Prognosis Only one kidney Can People Live a Normal Life with Only One Kidney
- Pre: Maximum Life Expectancy with Creatinine 7.9 without Dialysis
- Next: Life Expectancy for Patients with Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Stage 4 Kidney Disease with 26% Kidney Function Can I Live Like a Normal Person
- What Stage the Kidney Disease is in If Creatinine is 1.5 and GFR is 34
- Life Expectancy for Patients with Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease
- Can People Live a Normal Life with Only One Kidney
- Maximum Life Expectancy with Creatinine 7.9 without Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis
- Chronic Kidney Disease Causes
- Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Chronic Kidney Disease Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis