The Normal Range of Creatinine and the Ways to Lower the High Creatinine Level2014-10-16 17:14
Measuring serum creatinine is a simple test, and it is the most commonly used indicator of renal function, so know clear the normal range of it is helpful for the diagnosis of this disease. Then the normal range of it should be what ? Once it is higher than the normal level how to lower it ?
The typical human reference ranges for serum creatinine are 0.5 to 1.0 mg/dl (about 45-90 μmol/l) for women and 0.7 to 1.2 mg/dl (60-110 μmol/l) for men. The significance of a single creatinine value must be interpreted in light of the patient's muscle mass. A patient with a greater muscle mass will have a higher creatinine level. While a baseline serum creatinine of 2.0 mg/dl (150 μmol/l) may indicate normal kidney function in a male body builder, a serum creatinine of 1.2 mg/dl (110 μmol/l) can indicate significant renal disease in an elderly female. (In the United States, creatinine is typically reported in mg/dl, whereas in Canada, Australia, and a few European countries, μmol/litre may be used. One mg/dl of creatinine is 88.4 μmol/l.)
Why it can be one of the indicator of kidney function ?
Creatinine (a blood measurement) is an important indicator of renal health, Because it is an easily measured byproduct of muscle metabolism that is excreted unchanged by the kidneys. Creatinine itself is a breakdown product of creatine phosphate in muscle, and is usually produced at a fairly constant rate by the body (depending on muscle mass).
If the creatinine level is higher that the normal level what should we do ?
The first thing you need to do is to distinguish the underlying reasons, then do the corresponding measures to reduce it. If it is induced by non-pathological factors, it will disappeared with the underlying reasons. But if it is induced by pathological factors, you need to take systemic treatment timely, so as to avoid big disease.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Creatinine The normal range of creatinine The ways to lower high creatinine level
- Pre: Some Tips that Help You to Know Clear What is High Creatinine Level
- Next: Creatinine Levels are Around 1.7 after Transplant What should I Do
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Measures are Helpful for Reducing the High Creatinine Level
- Is there Any Chance to Decrease Creatinine by Osmotherapy
- Is there Any Better Options other than Dialysis to Lower Creatinine 5.7
- Creatinine Increased from 3.1 to 5.5 in one week: Need I to Worry
- What Can High Creatinine in Kidney Disease Tell Us
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis