Is Creatinine 3.9 Bad2013-10-17 14:03
Persistently high creatinine level can reveal the extent of kidney damage, so does creatinine 3.9. In clinic, healthy adults’ creatinine level ranges from 0.5 to 1.1mg/dl for female, and 0.6-1.2mg/dl for male. Creatinine 3.9 is much higher than these values. Is creatinine 3.9 bad?
Creatinine is one waste product in blood. If too much builds up in blood stream, creatinine will attack various organs and systems via circulatory system. Then, patients may have the following problems:
● Edema or swelling especially in legs, hands, eyelids, feet, etc.
● Sodium imbalance, hyponatremia and hypernatronemia.
● Poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and difficult breath.
● Headache or high blood pressure
● Bone weakness and bone pain
● Skin itching
All of the above symptoms can affect patients’ life quality largely. If creatinine level increases sequentially, it will be up to 5.0 mg/dl or higher. In that case, patients may need to begin dialysis or take some other kidney replacement therapy. Otherwise, too high creatinine level is more likely to threaten their life.
This is because our inner body system has some certain capacity to bear the deposits of creatinine and other wastes products. Creatinine 3.9 has nearly surpassed this capacity, so doctors usually prescribe some medications to help increase urine output or inhibit the formation of creatinine. Diuretics and ketosteril are two medications commonly used to reduce elevated creatinine level, when dialysis is still too early to begin.
In some cases, these medications can help lower creatinine level quickly and obviously, while in some other cases, patients’ creatinine level doesn’t have any obvious change. The reason is that these medications don’t deal with impaired kidneys fundamentally.
In order to maintain the effect of lowering creatinine level persistently, damaged kidney inherent cells should be repaired and abnormal inner body system should be normalized.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Measures are Helpful for Reducing the High Creatinine Level
- Is there Any Chance to Decrease Creatinine by Osmotherapy
- Is there Any Better Options other than Dialysis to Lower Creatinine 5.7
- Creatinine Increased from 3.1 to 5.5 in one week: Need I to Worry
- What Can High Creatinine in Kidney Disease Tell Us
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis