Foods to Minimize High Urea and Creatinine2013-11-18 13:52
The amounts of urea and creatinine in the blood are two remarkable indicators for kidney function. High urea and creatinine level means excess urea and creatinine deposits in the blood, while some foods are helpful. What foods are able to minimize high urea and creatinine?
Urea is the terminal product of protein metabolism, while creatinine is generated from creatine during muscle metabolism. Both of them are discharged out of the blood via kidney filters. For this reason, the following foods may be helpful to lower high urea and creatinine level.
For people with kidney disease, the general principle of their diet is to reduce the burden on kidneys and meanwhile supply enough nutrition for the body. Thereby, kidney dietitians give out several suggestions, including:
- Low-protein diet and intake of high-quality protein
- Avoid creatine supplement
- Restrict the amount of sodium intake
- Eat relatively more fruits and vegetables
In our daily life, some foods can help kidneys to filter out more waste products including urea and creatinine. Today, we will introduce some of them. If you want to get a food list in detail, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Berries: Cranberry, blueberry, strawberry and some other fruits have antioxidant property that is able to protect kidneys and increase kidney output to some extent.
- Nettle leaf: It can be consumed by herbal tea. For kidney disease patients, this herb has an effect of diuretic, so it can increase kidney filtration rate to remove more waste products.
- Cinnamon: As a common spice, cinnamon has a benefit of reducing the creatinine and urea level.
Even though the above foods can help minimize high urea and creatinine, not all patients can enjoy them without limitation. To consume them safely, you had better consult doctors firstly.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Creatinine
- Pre: Types of Tea That Will Help Control Creatinine Levels
- Next: Can I Eat Celery with High Creatinine Level
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Measures are Helpful for Reducing the High Creatinine Level
- Is there Any Chance to Decrease Creatinine by Osmotherapy
- Is there Any Better Options other than Dialysis to Lower Creatinine 5.7
- Creatinine Increased from 3.1 to 5.5 in one week: Need I to Worry
- What Can High Creatinine in Kidney Disease Tell Us
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis