How to Control Blood Urea Naturally2013-11-23 16:50
Just like creatinine, urea is also one metabolic waste in the blood. Kidneys are responsible for eliminating most urea out of the blood. If blood test checks out abnormal BUN, the level of urea in the blood, some treatments are needed. Thereby, how to control blood urea naturally?
What is blood urea?
Urea is the terminal product of protein metabolism, and 1g of protein can produce about 0.3g of urea. Generally, kidney is the main organ to excrete urea. When urea is filtered out by glomeruli, it can be reabsorbed by every section of renal tubules. The quicker the rate of urine flow, the less urea reabsorbed by renal tubules.
What is the normal value of urea in the blood.
From the above content, we know blood urea nitrogen (BUN) is used in clinic to reflect the amount of urea in blood. Normally, BUN ranges from 9-20mg/dl for healthy adults, and it usually won’t be higher than this value until more than 50% of kidney function is lost. Besides, dehydration, diabetic acidosis, severe infections, etc, can also cause elevated BUN level.
How to control blood urea naturally?
As blood urea has a close link with both protein metabolism and kidneys, the treatments should begin with these aspects.
1. Correct the intake of protein: If kidneys can’t do their work properly, extra protein will increase the workload on kidneys. On the contrary, lack of protein may lead to malnutrition. Under this circumstance, it is necessary to restrict the amount of protein intake to 0.6-0.8g/kg every day. What’s more, high-quality protein is more helpful to lower blood urea level.
2. Supplement enough calories: This can reduce the consumption of protein in the body. Generally, it is suitable to take in 30Kca/Kg of calories every day.
3. Increase kidney filtration rate: For different patients, detailed treatments should be different. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, Immunotherapy, polluted blood therapy, etc, are chose according to patients’ condition. (With online doctor’s guidance, determine which one is available for you)
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Creatinine
- Pre: How to Treat People with High Creatinine Level in Blood
- Next: How to Control Creatinine Level Naturally
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Measures are Helpful for Reducing the High Creatinine Level
- Is there Any Chance to Decrease Creatinine by Osmotherapy
- Is there Any Better Options other than Dialysis to Lower Creatinine 5.7
- Creatinine Increased from 3.1 to 5.5 in one week: Need I to Worry
- What Can High Creatinine in Kidney Disease Tell Us
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis