What Diet To Follow To Lower Creatinine 3.22013-12-17 13:41
We all know the normal creatinine level is 0.6-1.2umol/L of male and 0.5-1.1umol/L of female. If one day your medical report shows that your creatinine level is higher than normal which amounts to 3.2, in this case you may be diagnosed with kidney disease, because high creatinine level indicate that your kidneys may not be functioning properly. For this, your doctor may prescribe a renal diet for you, and you must obey this dietary tips strictly.
Renal diets focus on controlling protein, potassium, phosphorus, sodium and liquids. Following the following dietary tips will do a lot to your kidney function and lower your creatinine level of 3.2.
1. Do not intake too much protein
Protein is a necessary substance for a healthy life, but due to kidney damage, people with high creatinine level need to reduce the amount of protein intake and also 60% protein that they intake should be high quality protein which can be found in egg white, milk and fish.
2. Low potassium and low phosphorus diet
People with high creatinine level usually have higher potassium level and phosphorus level, so foods with high potassium or phosphorus level should be avoided or limited.
3. Keep away from meat and at the same time avoid too much physical exercise.
This is because creatinine is the end product of muscles, including meat taken by us. Thus, people with high level of creatinine should limit meat intake and do less physical exercise, which is beneficial to your kidney function and lower high creatinine level.
4. Eat less salty foods
Edema and high blood pressure is associated with salt. That is to say, you should eat less salt. For example, you should keep far away from pickle, bacon, processed foods and so on. What is more, if the patients with severe edema, they should also limit liquid intake.
The above are dietary tips for people with high creatinine level and unhealthy kidney function. However, not all high creatinine level indicates you have kidney disease, because much meat intake and too much physical exercise will both lead to high creatinine level, but after some time, the level will go normal. In this case, you do not need to worry about your kidney function. You only need not to eat too much meat at one time. If the level is higher for a long time and you have other symptoms, you should do a check to know whether you have kidney disease. If you do have a kidney disease, you need to follow your renal diet strictly. You do not need to worry too much about high creatinine level. The first thing you should do is to find the reason and take correct methods to lower high creatinine level.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Creatinine
- Pre: What does Low Creatinine Level Mean
- Next: How Dangerous Would be 4.0 Creatinine Level for Kidney Disease Patients
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Measures are Helpful for Reducing the High Creatinine Level
- Is there Any Chance to Decrease Creatinine by Osmotherapy
- Is there Any Better Options other than Dialysis to Lower Creatinine 5.7
- Creatinine Increased from 3.1 to 5.5 in one week: Need I to Worry
- What Can High Creatinine in Kidney Disease Tell Us
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis