Foods to Avoid with High Creatinine Level2013-09-12 11:43
A reasonable diet plays an important role for kidney disease patients to lower their high creatinine level, as some foods may accelerate their illness and further increase their serum creatinine. Well then, what are the foods to avoid with high creatinine level?
Causes of high creatinine level in kidney disease
Why kidney disease patients have elevated serum creatinine level? What happens if we eat freely with high creatinine level in blood? To know clearly about what foods to avoid when creatinine level is elevated, it is necessary for us to the found out the two questions we post just now.
Kidney is an organ with bean shape. It serves us as a filter and while it working, it can discharge wastes produced in our body. Creatinine is a waste product which is formed when meat is metabolized. As kidney is responsible for purifying blood, so when kidney function is impaired, creatinine builds up in the blood and lead to elevation of creatinine level.
High creatinine level implies kidneys have been damaged severely. In that cases, not only creatinine, but also many other toxic substances accumulate in blood. Therefore, when serum creatinine increases to a certain level, dialysis or kidney transplant is needed to purify blood. For kidney disease patients whose serum creatinine has become higher than the normal range, if they eat freely, much more wastes will be formed. Consequently, their creatinine level will be higher, which may ask them to do dialysis early.
Foods to avoid with high creatinine level
From the above information, we can learn that for kidney disease patients, creatinine level increases as kidneys fail to discharge excess creatinine in blood. Under such a condition, patients need to:
1. Avoid foods that can produce more creatinine. Creatinine is the waste produce of meat, so eating less meat is necessary for kidney disease patients.
2. Avoid foods that can worsen kidney condition. With the decrease of kidney condition, creatinine level will become higher and higher. For this reason, any foods that may worse kidney condition should be avoided. To protect residual kidney function, kidney disease patients generally need to stay far away from high protein foods, high salt foods, high potassium foods and high potassium foods, as these foods can increase kidney burden and accelerate illness. (Send message to firstname.lastname@example.org to get food lists that are high in potassium, phosphorus, salt and protein)
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Creatinine
- Pre: What Is the Dangerous Creatinine Level
- Next: How to Lower High Creatinine Level in Blood
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- What Measures are Helpful for Reducing the High Creatinine Level
- Is there Any Chance to Decrease Creatinine by Osmotherapy
- Is there Any Better Options other than Dialysis to Lower Creatinine 5.7
- Creatinine Increased from 3.1 to 5.5 in one week: Need I to Worry
- What Can High Creatinine in Kidney Disease Tell Us
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis