How Is Diabetic Nephropathy Caused2013-10-07 16:01
Diabetic nephropathy is a secondary kidney disease caused by diabetes. It is a common complication of diabetes. Longstanding diabetes may cause diabetic nephropathy which finally deteriorates into kidney failure also called end-stage kidney disease. Well, how is kidney problem caused by Diabetes?
Diabetes damages tiny blood vessels in kidney
In our kidneys, there are a lot of tiny blood vessels. These tiny blood vessels can filter waste products from our blood. For patients with diabetes, their blood contains a large amount of sugar which can destroy these tiny blood vessels. With the decreasing of blood vessels, a lot of waste products build up in the body and increase the burden of kidney. Over a long time, kidney function gradually declines, and finally, kidney fails to work effectively.
Diabetes makes the blood pressure increase
Diabetes can increase the total amount of fluid in the body, which tends to raise blood pressure. And diabetes causes the decrease of insulin, the way that our body produces and handles the impaired insulin has changed. This can cause blood pressure increase. Besides, diabetes damages arteries and makes them hardening called atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis increases the blood pressure.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure can promote diabetes developing to diabetic nephropathy. Patients with diabetes need to control their blood pressure.
In family history, if someone has nephropathy, the patients with diabetes are likely to suffer from diabetic nephropathy. Also, patients with diabetes are Native Americans, African Americans, and Hispanics. They have a higher risk to have diabetic nephropathy.
If patients with diabetes have a bad living habit, such as:
* Eating much sugar and meat, but eating less vegetables and fruits
* Lack of exercise
In conclusion, many factors can trigger the occurrence of Diabetic Nephropathy, so a comprehensive and preventive measure is necessary.
- Tag: Diabetic Nephropathy Causes
- Pre: How Does Diabetes Cause Kidney Disease
- Next: Why Long Terms of Diabetes is Easy to Induce Diabetic Nephropathy
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Diabetic Nephropathy Causes
- Diabetic Nephropathy Symptoms
- Diabetic Nephropathy Treatment
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diet
- Diabetic Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis