Foods Cannot Eat For Patients With Diabetic Nephropathy2013-10-07 16:02
Diabetic Nephropathy is a secondary kidney disease caused by long-term development of diabetes. It can not be cured, but can be controlled effectively and also its progression can be stopped, at least delayed. To achieve this goal, knowing what foods can not eat is very essential for patients.
What foods can not eat for patients with diabetic nephropathy?
1. Foods with high salt or sodium: patients with diabetic nephropathy can not eat the foods which are containing high salt or sodium. Because salt or sodium can increase patients’ blood pressure. And it can build up in the body, leading to swelling in the body. So patients can not eat pickled or processed foods with high salt, such as pickles, ham, can, bacon, salami, etc.
2. The foods which can lead to hyperlipidemia: For patients with diabetic nephropathy, hyperlipidemia can cause arteriosclerotic heart disease and increase the burden of kidneys. For this reason, staying far away from foods high in fat like pork, plant oil, walnut meat, pine nut, sesame, etc. is necessary.
3. Foods with high sugar: Diabetic Nephropathy is a kidney problem secondary to long-term high blood sugar, so a tight control of blood sugar is very necessary. Seeing from this pint of view, high sugar foods like chocolate, honey, soda, juice, ice cream, cake, cookies, etc. should be removed from the recipe.
4. Alcohol: drinking alcohol is bad for patients’ kidney. Alcohol can further increase patient’s high blood sugar and increases the burden of kidney. Therefore, it is necessary for Diabetic Nephropathy patients to kick habits of drinking alcohol, so that they can protect their residual kidney tissues effectively.
For patients with Diabetic Nephropathy, knowing what to eat and not to eat is an important part for controlling Diabetic Nephropathy. If you are a patient of diabetic kidney problem and have further more questions about this part, you can leave message to us directly.
- Tag: Diabetic Nephropathy Diet
- Pre: Diet Suggestions for Diabetic Nephropathy
- Next: Diet for Diabetic with Kidney Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Foods Which are Fit for Patients with Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Foods to Eat with Diabetic Nephropathy and High Blood Pressure
- Risk of Drinking Alcohol Weekly with Diabetic Nephropathy
- What Precaution should Take in Food for Patient with Diabetic Nephropathy
- Apple Cider Vinegar for People with Diabetes and Stage 3 CKD
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Diabetic Nephropathy Causes
- Diabetic Nephropathy Symptoms
- Diabetic Nephropathy Treatment
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diet
- Diabetic Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis