What Diet Should Be Given For Diabetic Patients With Creatinine Level 10.7?2013-11-28 11:44
As we know, kidney patients should pay more attention to their daily diet. A rational diet is helpful for the improvement of their illness condition, and an irregular diet will aggravate the kidney damage. Then, what diet should be given for diabetic patients with creatinine level 10.7?
In order to answer this question, we should first know what creatinine level is and what bad effects of high creatinine level are. For kidney disease patients, high creatinine level is very harmful for their health. Creatinine is the metabolite of muscle activity and it also can be produced by meat we eat. Kidneys have the function of filtering wastes and toxins in the blood, and it can also excrete the creatinine in blood. However, diabetic patients with kidney failure often have high creatinine level due to the damaged kidney function. Creatinine level 10.7 indicates severely reduced kidney function, and in this condition, they are often advised to have dialysis. Besides having effective treatments, they should also have a rational diet to control their illness condition.
What diet should be given for diabetic patients with creatinine level 10.7?
1. Control high blood sugar
For diabetic patients, they should first control their high blood sugar firmly, because uncontrolled high blood sugar will aggravate the kidney damage. For this reason, they are advised to take some foods which can lower the high blood sugar, such as oatmeal, broccoli, spinach, green beans, strawberries, salmon, lean meats, sparking water and cinnamon. Besides, diabetic patients should avoid high sugar foods. All these will be helpful to control their high blood sugar.
2. Lower high creatinine level
As we know, creatinine is the metabolite of muscle activity and the meat and fish we eat, so kidney disease patients with creatinine 10.7 should control their high creatinine level from the two sides. First, they should reduce the daily intake of meat. Second, they should avoid strenuous exercise. All these will reduce the produce of creatinine, and this will also protect the residual kidney function.
3. Take proper protein everyday
Protein is an essential nutrient for our body, so we should ensure enough protein intake for the consumption of our body. However, kidney disease patients should limit the protein intake, because too much protein intake will increase the kidney burden and aggravate the kidney damage. Therefore, diabetic patients with creatinine 10.7 who have dialysis should take proper protein everyday, and the amount of protein intake is 1.2g every body weight everyday. Because during the dialysis, patients will lose a lot of protein and they need to supply more protein. It’s better for them to take some high quality protein foods such as egg white, meat, fish and milk.
4. Limit the fluid intake
Dialysis patients should limit the fluid intake during dialysis. For diabetic patients with creatinine 10.7, they need to have dialysis 3 times a week. If they take too much liquid after dialysis, this may cause high blood pressure. But during dialysis, the fluid will flow out with blood, then patients may have the symptom of low blood pressure. Patients will experience some discomforts, such as headache, dizziness and nausea.
Besides, for diabetic patients, they should also limit the salt, sugar intake. They also need to take proper potassium, phosphorus, calcium and other microelements depending on their illness condition. All these general dietary principles help to remit the symptoms they have and reduce the kidney damage to protect the residual kidney function.
With these recommended diet, diabetic patients with creatinine 10.7 will have an improvement on their illness. However, the illness condition is different from case to case, so patients may need to have their personalized diet. If you are suffering from kidney disease and you want to get an individual recipe, you can send your test report to us. We will give you a satisfied answer as soon as possible.
- Tag: Creatinine Diabetic Nephropathy Diet
- Pre: Diet for Diabetic with Kidney Disease
- Next: Diet for Diabetic Nephropathy Patients with Dialysis
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Foods Which are Fit for Patients with Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Foods to Eat with Diabetic Nephropathy and High Blood Pressure
- Risk of Drinking Alcohol Weekly with Diabetic Nephropathy
- What Precaution should Take in Food for Patient with Diabetic Nephropathy
- Apple Cider Vinegar for People with Diabetes and Stage 3 CKD
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Diabetic Nephropathy Causes
- Diabetic Nephropathy Symptoms
- Diabetic Nephropathy Treatment
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diet
- Diabetic Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis