Six Tips for the Treatment of Diabetic Kidney Disease2015-06-25 17:38
How to treat Diabetic Kidney Disease ? Kidney disease treatment is often a long, drawn out, and frustrating process. The rewards are not instantaneous. Being aggressive about your treatment could make a difference between you advancing to CKD stage 5 and needing dialysis, and being able to control CKD in stages 1 through 4. The following are six tips for the treatment of Diabetic Kidney Disease, hoping it can help you in some degree.
1. Strict blood sugar control can partially reverse glomerular hyperfiltration (an abnormal process that occurs in the kidneys of patients with diabetes), delay development of albuminuria/proteinuria, reduce the level of proteinuria if it has already developed, and reduce the decline in GFR. One of the tests done to assess diabetes control is thehemoglobin A1C level. Target A1C levels for patients with CKD might be different from the regular population, and this is something you will need to talk to with your nephrologist.
2. If you have high blood pressure, make sure it is controlled within the target range. This would be under 140/90 for most patients with CKD as per the latest guidelines.
3. Certain medications like ACE inhibitors and ARBs might be protective for the kidneys. These are blood pressure medications, but could be used in patients with CKD even if they have normal blood pressure. Talk to your doc about these.
4. Eat right! This would be a diet low in salt and red meat, and high in fruits, whole grains, and vegetables.
5. Control your cholesterol. You might need medications in addition to diet for this.
6. Lifestyle changes: quit smoking, make sure you use alcohol only in moderation, and most importantly, exercise.
The above are the six tips for the treatment of Diabetic Kidney Disease, if you want to know more details about the treatment of this disease, you can leave message to us, we will try our best to help you.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Diabetic Nephropathy Treatment Kidney Disease Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Pre: Are there any Ways to Help Diabetes and Kidney Disease Patient Live Longer
- Next: Diabetic Nephropathy with High Blood Pressure Can It be Treated
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Recover Kidney Function for Diabetic Nephropathy
- How can We Treat Diabetic Nephropathy with 26% Renal Function
- Can Diabetic Nephropathy with 25% Renal Function Recovered
- Can Creatinine 8.9 be Reduced for Diabetic Nephropathy
- What Treatment is Effective to PKD with 25% Renal Function
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Diabetic Nephropathy Causes
- Diabetic Nephropathy Symptoms
- Diabetic Nephropathy Treatment
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diet
- Diabetic Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis