How to Treat Stage 3 Kidney Disease with Diabetes2015-11-03 16:43
My relative has been diagnosed as stage 3 kidney disease patient and the doctor told us that it is caused by Diabetes and Hypertension. Currently he has edema in his lower extremities and elevated creatinine of 3.1 with low albumin of 27. Can you tell me how to treat it ?
Glad to help you. At present, your relative is in stage 3 kidney disease. In clinic, it is an important transition stage in the whole process of CKD. With a systemic and effective treatment in time, his kidney damage can be reversed. Otherwise, it will progress and finally end stage kidney failure will be the final result.
You know, based on the kidney damage degree, chronic kidney disease can be divided into the following stages:
Compensatory stage of renal insufficiency
When less than 50% of nephrons become impaired, the left nephrons can do extra work to filter blood. Hence, creatinine level and BUN level will not increase. Meanwhile, the patients generally do not show any clinical symptoms.
Decompensated stage of renal insufficiency
When more than 50% of nephrons become impaired, the serum creatinine will increase to 2~5mg/dL. In this stage, the patients will suffer from swelling, fatigue, poor appetite, mild anemia etc.
Kidney failure stage
When creatinine level reaches to 5-8mg/dL, the patients will step into kidney failure stage. In this stage, the patients will experience serious anemia, electrolyte imbalance, symptoms in multiple systems and organs.
In this stage, the creatinine level will increase to 8mg/dL. In this stage, the patients will suffer from serious symptoms in multiple body organs and systems like heart failure, digestive system, lung etc.
In your relative’s case, he is in early decompensated stage of renal insufficiency. In this stage, while more than 50% nephrons have been impaired, there are still a part of non-impaired nephrons. Therefore, it is important to protect this part of nephrons and repair those reversible nephrons. In that way, his renal function will stop deteriorating and be improved further.
If you want to know more details about the treatment of stage 3 kidney disease with diabetes or want to improve the kidney function, you can leave message to us, we will try our best to help you.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
- Tag: Diabetic Nephropathy Treatment stage 3 Kidney Disease Kidney Disease with Diabetes
- Pre: How to Treat Diabetic Nephropathy with 25% Renal Function
- Next: How to Treat Kidney Damage Caused by Diabetes
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Recover Kidney Function for Diabetic Nephropathy
- How can We Treat Diabetic Nephropathy with 26% Renal Function
- Can Diabetic Nephropathy with 25% Renal Function Recovered
- Can Creatinine 8.9 be Reduced for Diabetic Nephropathy
- What Treatment is Effective to PKD with 25% Renal Function
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Diabetic Nephropathy Causes
- Diabetic Nephropathy Symptoms
- Diabetic Nephropathy Treatment
- Diabetic Nephropathy Diet
- Diabetic Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis