How Much Fluid Should I Drink When in a Dialysis2014-09-06 09:52
Some patients will relax dietary restrictions after taking dialysis, they considered that dialysis can clear many kinds of toxins and wastes, so you need not worry about the diet. In fact, it is unreasonable. As we all know Uremia patient often with little urine or no urine, so as to reduce the rate of edema, high blood pressure, heart failure and other complications, they need to control the intake of water. Then, how much fluid should patient drink when in a dialysis ?
How much fluid can patient intake for every day should according to the conditions of the patient. Usually, the intake volume should equal to the output volume, in order to sustain the balance. Output including urine, throw up, no dominant water loss(400-600ral/24h) and the water discharged by dialysis. Intake volume should should be the sum of daily potable water, waters contained in the foods and the endogenous water produced by vivo metabolism. The best easy way to measure fluid balance is to measure the weight. So patient who are undergoing dialysis should measure the weight every day and keep the increase weight between 1.1.5 kg.
Generally speaking, for patients who need dialysis once a week, the daily water intake should be 100ml plus the total volume of 24 hours urine., if they have no urine, the water intake should not over 100ml. For patients who need to take twice dialysis a week, the water intake should be 300ml plus the total volume of 24 hours urine, if they have no urine, the level should not over 300ml. For patients who need to take three times of dialysis for one weeks, the water intake should be 500ml plus the total volume of 24 hours urine, if they have no urine, the water intake should not over 500ml.
- Tag: Dialysis How much fluid should i drink when in a dialysis
- Pre: Can Dialysis in Kidney Failure Make Me Fatigued
- Next: Infections at the Exit Site During Dialysis the Reasons and Management
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis