Why People Throw Up or Unresponsive after Dialysis2014-12-15 15:09
My niece gets very sick after every dialysis treatment, very nauseous and throw up. Sometimes she is very unresponsive. What is the cause for this ? In fact, dialysis as one of the common cure for kidney failure will bring some side-effects during the treatment, throw up and unresponsive are two of them. Then why people throw up or unresponsive after dialysis ?
Dialysis disequilibrium syndrome
The dialysis disequilibrium syndrome is an increasingly rare syndrome characterized by neurologic symptoms of varying severity that affect dialysis patients, particularly when they are first started on hemodialysis. It is mainly attributed to cerebral edema during or after dialysis. Other risk factors of dialysis disequilibrium syndrome include severe metabolic acidosis, very high level of BUN pre-dialysis, older age etc.
Another condition which can make people throw up is inadequate dialysis. In general, each hemodialysis treatment lasts about four hours and is done three times per week. If dialysis treatment is performed inadequately, high levels of waste products will build up in body. The toxins and wastes can irritate the stomach and intestine, making people throw up after Dialysis.
One of important kidney functions is to balance the levels of different electrolytes like potassium, sodium, magnesium etc. The diseased kidneys fail to work adequately, resulting in electrolyte disorder. This condition also can contribute to vomiting after dialysis.
Actually, symptoms such as throw up and unresponsive induced by dialysis will not last for a long time, as long as you can find the underlying reasons and take corresponding actions. But you may have to suffer it the next time you take it. So if you want to avoid all of them, you should find some other ways to replace dialysis.
If you want to know more about dialysis or need any help in relieve the symptoms, such as throw up and unresponsive caused by dialysis, you are welcome to contact our online doctor or leave message to us, we are here waiting to help you.
- Tag: Dialysis Throw up after dialysis Unresponsive after dialysis
- Pre: What is the Treatment for Insomnia in Dialysis Patients
- Next: I am a Dialysis Patient for the Last 6 Years is there Any Way can Help Me Stop It
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis