Why Dialysis Patient will Get Shortness of Breath2016-12-29 15:12
As we all know, many dialysis patients will experience shortness of breath, which bring a certain uneasiness and fear for them.
Then, why dialysis patient will get shortness of breath?
For people in the later stage of Chronic Kidney Disease, these normal amounts of fluid may cause problems. Too much fluid can build up in the body and be dangerous. Even though dialysis remove excess fluid and wastes out of body, it is not as effective as healthy kidneys. The build up of too much fluid causes swelling and increase blood pressure, which makes the heart work harder. Too much fluid can even build up in the lungs, making it difficult for patients to breath, which becomes a possible reason of shortness of breath on dialysis.
How to relieve shortness of breath on dialysis?
In order to avoid shortness of breath on dialysis, patients should keep a reasonable fluid restriction. However, the fluid restriction may vary for each individual patient. Factors such as weight gain between dialysis, urine output and swelling are considered.
In addition to shortness of breath on dialysis, patients are likely to experience some other complications like headaches, chest pain, low blood pressure, itching, nausea, vomiting, leg crams, etc. So as kidney failure patient you should pay high attention during the dialysis. Once you got some symptoms, especially the serious symptoms, you should tell your doctors immediately, so that you can got treatment timely.
If you have other questions about dialysis or want to get rid of dialysis, you can send email to us or leave message below, we will try our best to help you.
Our email: email@example.com
- Tag: Dialysis Shortness of Breath
- Pre: Fluid in Lung Caused by Kidney Problem: Can Dialysis Relieve It
- Next: At What Creatinine Level Should Kidney Failure Patient Take Dialysis
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis