Can I Go Dialysis with Creatinine 62014-02-16 08:07
As kidney function decreases, creatinine level will increase. In clinic, creatinine level is an important indicator of conditions of kidney function. Besides, it is one of the most important factors that can decide if dialysis is necessary for patients. Then if creatinine level is 6, can I go dialysis?
How serious is kidney damage if creatine level is 6?
Due to kidney damage, kidney can’t remove excess creatinine from body. Thus, creatinine builds up in the blood. The more seriously kidney function decreases, the higher value creatinine is. The normal range of creatinine level is between 0.6 and 1.3. Obviously, creatinine 6 is much higher than normal range, which means kidney damage is very severe. In general, level 6 of creatinine is the sign of stage 4 of chronic kidney disease. At this stage, if kidney damage can’t be prevented or alleviated, it will develop into end stage kidney disease which is treated by dialysis or kidney transplant on most occasions.
How to decide if dialysis is necessary?
Generally speaking, dialysis is very essential for patients when kidney function is almost or completely lost. In fact, doing dialysis depends on many factors:
1. Levels of wastes and toxins.
2. How serious kidney damage is.
3. How high creatinine level is.
4. How serious symptoms caused by kidney disease are. For example, swelling, high blood pressure，heart problems，etc.
Consequently, patients with creatinine 6 should depend on the specific condition of kidney function and symptoms to decide whether to do dialysis.
In clinic, for patients with creatinine level 6, if potassium level overtakes 7mmol/L, or BUN level is higher than 54mmol/L, dialysis should be required urgently. If patients with creatinine level 6 still have urine with other obvious symptoms, dialysis can be delayed. Patients with creatinine 6 must prevent kidney function from decreasing if they want to avoid dialysis. Some medicines and a healthy diet can contribute to lowering creatinine, but this is not enough. Patients with creatinine 6 should recover kidney function, which is the fundamental solution. In recent years, clinical practice proves that Chinese medicines can repair kidney damage and recover kidney function. Besides, Chinese medicines have no side effects on patients with kidney disease.
Patients with creatinine 6 should get treatment timely to improve kidney function. Only in this way can patients with creatinine 6 avoid dialysis. As Chinese medicines have good effects on kidney function, patients can have a try of Chinese medicines to recover kidney function.
- Tag: Dialysis， Creatinine
- Pre: Is It Possible to Avoid Dialysis with 20% Kidney Function
- Next: Home Remedies for Curing A Fever Caused by Dialysis
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis