Kidney Function at 11% in ESRD: Is Dialysis a Cure2014-07-06 08:55
If kidney function at 11% in end-stage renal disease (ESRD), is dialysis a cure? After getting asked about this question, we provide explanation as below. Interested to learn more information? Read on or chat with our online doctor now for free and professional help.
Is Dialysis a cure for kidney function at 11% in ESRD?
Unfortunately, the answer is “NO”, as there is still not yet a cure for this disorder. As a kind of renal replacement therapy, dialysis can just take place some of the kidneys’ functions to keep patients alive. While undergoing this therapy, patients’ renal function will still deteriorate over time. Ultimately, complete renal failure is the result. Moreover, the average life expectancy on this option is around 3-5 years.
How to improve the prognosis of kidney function at 11% in ESRD?
1. For those who have received dialysis, they are recommended to take early measures to prevent further deterioration of kidney capacity and improve the renal function. In this way, the disease will not developed further and patients’ life expectancy will be greatly extended.
2. For those who still do not start dialysis, they have hope to avoid dialysis by taking prompt and systematic treatment to raise their kidney level and regulate the immune system. As long as the renal function can be increased to 15% or above, dialysis can be successfully avoided and patients can enjoy a normal, long life. Want to know about treatments to help achieve this purpose? Please check Here.
In a word, though kidney function at 11% in ESRD cannot be cure, patients can take effective strategies to manage the disorder well so as to get a favorable outlook. Still have any question? Please leave your doubt in the message board as below. We will reply you soon!
- Tag: ESRD Treatment ESRD and 11% kidney function
- Pre: Kidneys are Functioning at 14% Is Kidney Transplant the Only Cure
- Next: Why am I on Dialysis and Creatinine is still High in ESRD