Is Stage 5 Kidney Failure the Same as 5% Function2014-01-18 03:40
QUESTION: Is stage 5 kidney failure the same as 5% function?
ANSWER: The exact answer is absolutely no, but 5% kidney function means the patients are in stage 5 kidney failure.
Kidney failure is a condition with the kidney function gradually reduced, and chronic kidney failure can be divided into 5 stages depending on the glomerular filtration rate (GFR). The 5 stages are:
Stage 1: GFR no less than 90ml/min/1.73m2
Stage 2: GFR 60-89ml/min/1.73m2
Stage 3: GFR 30-59ml/min/1.73m2
Stage 4: GFR 15-30ml/min/1.73m2
Stage 5: GFR less than 15ml/min/1.73m2
In stage 1, patients have normal kidney function, and in stage 2 the kidney function is mildly reduced, with the kidney function 50-100%. In stage 3, the kidney function is moderately reduced, and the kidney function is 30-50%. In stage 4, the kidney function is reduced severely, with 10-30% kidney function. For stage 5 kidney failure patients, their kidney function is reduced very severely, with only less than 10% kidney function.
Therefore, for kidney failure patients with 5% kidney function, they are already in stage 5 kidney failure, which is also called end stage kidney failure. In this stage, patients will suffer from some serious symptoms and complications, if they don’t have effective treatment, they will have to live on dialysis or wait for a kidney transplant, or their kidney function will be reduced completely. So for kidney failure patients who have only 5% kidney function, they need to have prompt and effective treatment to remedy their kidney disease.
If you want to get the detailed treatment for kidney failure, you can send your detailed test reports to email@example.com. We will you answer you as soon as possible.
- Tag: Kidney Failure Treatment FAQS
- Pre: What can Cause My Kidney Disease with Creatinine 1.7 or 1.9
- Next: Natural Ways to Prevent the Kidney Cysts from Growing for PKD
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis