Foods to Eat with Hypertensive Nephropathy2013-10-04 13:35
What foods to eat with Hypertensive Nephropathy? Hypertension is a medical condition in which blood pressure is higher than the normal value for some reason. It is not deadly in short term and causes no obvious discomforts, so patients always pay no attention on it. However, the fact is if no treated well, Hypertension will finally cause Hypertensive Nephropathy which refers to kidney problem resulted from long-term of high blood pressure. With Hypertensive Nephropathy, patients need to make some diet changes as improper diet will worsen kidney condition. Well then, what foods to eat with Hypertensive Nephropathy?
For one with Hypertensive Nephropathy, his kidneys have been damaged, so foods he eats must be harmless for his kidneys. Basing on this point, the follow foods are recommended.
1. High quality protein foods
Protein is a must for a human body and we need it to strengthen our body. However, when protein is consumed, a waste called Urea Nitrogen will be produced. Urea nitrogen is discharged through our kidneys, so high protein diet will increase kidney burden and worsen kidney condition. Under such a condition, high quality foods like fish, egg white, lean meat and milk will be recommended. These foods can provide our body necessary nutrition and what is more, they produce less wastes. But for Hypertensive Nephropathy patients, they need to limit the intake of these foods.
2. High calcium foods
When one is affected by Hypertensive Nephropathy, his kidneys will be failed to maintain balance of electrolyte and low-calcium level is a common disturbance of electrolyte. Therefore, Hypertensive Nephropathy needs to eat more high calcium foods like broccoli, yogurt and milk to avoid hypocalcemia.
3. High vitamin foods
Carrots, organs, sprouts, cantaloupe, kiwi fruits, strawberries, oysters and fish all are good source of vitamin. Choose the right one for you and talk to your doctor to know if you are allowed to eat these foods. Also, you can consult our online doctors to see if these foods are available for you.
For patients with Hypertensive Nephropathy, they need to make different diet changes according to their specific illness. Foods we mentioned above are only available for some patients. if you want to know if you can eat these foods, you can send your test report to email@example.com. Our nephrologists will help analyze and give some suggestions.
- Tag: Hypertensive Nephropathy Diet
- Pre: A Healthy Diet For Patients With Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Next: What Is the Diet Recommended for Hypertensive Renal Disease
Have a question regarding kidney disease? Get an answer from Medical Professional now!
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Diagnosis
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Causes
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Symptoms
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Treatment
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Diet
- Hypertensive Nephropathy Prognosis
- How to Reduce Protein in Urine with Hypertensive Nephropathy
- Can Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Avoid Dialysis
- How to Treat FSGS with Itching Skin and 13% Renal Function
- Can PKD with Back Pain be Treated
- Is There Any Natural Treatment to Manage Creatinine 4.5 with CKD
- Can Kidney Failure Patients be Treated Without Dialysis